Laser Scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Scanning

Is anyone currently using some type of laser scanning? We are looking into one for reverse engineering.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Laser Scanning - HERE!!!

We are currently laser scanning...

We have 2 Metris LC-50's both mount to the PH10MQ's on out BS Xcel 9-15-9, and Global Image 12-15-10. We are using Metis Scan, Metris Focus Inspection, and Metris RE software.....

Any questions, just let me know..
    sigpic
    "You cant vote 'present' as the President of the United States"

Comment

We are getting THE SCANSHARK™ V4ix CONTOUR PROBE by Perceptron and I was curious if anyone had one. I saw a demo of the V5 on a romer but the V4 is the one that fits on a cmm. I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion either good or bad about it.
      sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Laser Scanner

Is that the scanner that was at the User Group on the Romer Arm??? It sure was fast....but I would worry about the accuracy with the Laser on the Romer Arm...I had heard 4-5 thou when you consider the accuracy of the scanner and the arm combined.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it was at the users group meeting. Those numbers were from the V5 on a romer. We looking at the V4 on a PH10M. Even with those numbers it will work for what we need it for.
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Software??

What software will you be using to collect the points and then reverse engineer it??
            sigpic

Comment

The software that comes with it is, PolyWorks™ Point Cloud Engineering Solution. I have never used it but it looked straight forward during the demo. Pro E for the reverse engineering.
              sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment