Air Pressure setting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Pressure setting?

I know, I know, its not PC-DMIS issue but I'm getting a vibration or dragging sound and I wanted to ask, I have a b&s global image what PSI should the regulator at the machine be set to?

Thanks,
    Thomas

My B&S Excel is set at 68psi
    sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Our global runs at 85psi

Comment

4.5 mPa on a Mistral 7-7-5 . That was also part of the problem in my reply to "Harmonic Hum".
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

My reg. reads 60 psi, not sure what it should be, I had an LK that ran at 90lbs, I am in N Texas and it was 101 deg outside and my lab was up to 73.5 deg yesterday, not sure if that has any bearing on all this. before I came to Texas they had over 30 days in a row over 100 deg, 1980 I think. THANKS for the quick response.
          Thomas

Comment

Our new Global Image 9128 was installed/setup with the service tech's setting of 80 psi......Upon having issue with startup and low air E-stop the visiting repair tech said it was too high and lowered it to 60psi....go figure....one tech setup the mach at 80 the "repair" set it to 60...hmmm?? I think the real concern would be the balance between the xy air regulated by the gage under the table and the Z axis counterbalance air pressure. This "balance" I was told is necessary to provide proper E-Stop upon a low air condition.
            sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Blow Baby Blow!!!!

Global Image Active 22.12.10 set at 70ish bar, or 4.6 bar. runs fine at that.
              With a Global, the counterbalance for the Z axis is Pneumatic, so if there isn't enough air, you won't be able to set the servo's if there is insufficient wind!!
              I am a Mushroom................Kept in the dark and fed on sh*t!!!!!

Comment

Our Xcel 12-20-10 runs at 60psi and never has a problem.
                James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Our Zeiss runs at 65 psi

Comment

I adjusted from 60psi up to 68psi seems to be running fine now.

Thomas

Comment

When I noticed the temperature fluctations you mentioned, I started remembering a condensation issue we had. Check your air lines for water. Last summer we had lots of problems with water in our air lines throughout the building. I think some of it came from the fact that we have lines that run through the hottest areas of the shop, into what some call "the refigeration zone". (CMM lab!) Keep an eye on that.
                      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ditto that...

Originally posted by J Temmen
                        Our Xcel 12-20-10 runs at 60psi and never has a problem.
                        Ditto that for our 15-20-10...
                        sigpic
                        Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
                        PCDMIS 2012
                        Windows Office XP

Comment