Installing new hard drive & operating system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing new hard drive & operating system?

Typical Monday! I had a hard drive go kaput. My question is this: After i get the hard drive & new os installed can i just install pcdmis create my probe files & be ok?

Hello,
    There are a few files you need off of the old hard drive, unless you created a backup on cd or floppy. These files are created when your cmm is calibrated. It would have been good to also have a backup of your probe files. Inaddition, you will probably need to assign the comm port for the communication. Does the hd work enough to slave from a running comp?

A.Gore
    sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Hmmm...good question. I think you're gonna need a tech over there to make sure your settings are correct per your machine. When we bought a new machine and the tech had to come install everything, he goes in the settings editor and changes things around. Wouldn't hurt to call your distributor.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Hard drive is wiped out completely.

Comment

I was also thinking i would need a tech here.

Comment

Yup,,,,u need a tech at this point.

A.Gore
            sigpicA.Gore

Comment

What controller are you using? Most of the newer ones (as far as I know) put all compensation files onto the controller. If you have a Sharpe 32Z w/Leitz protocol this one does it to(I know because that is what I have)

. You only need to install DMIS (and set up COMM ports if using ethernet) and you should be good to go. Call up tech support and ask them if your controller holds all needed data or not.
              sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

After you are up again, backup, backup, backup. I backup my whole pcdmis folder.
                When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                sigpic

Comment

Just talked to the service center & as James mentioned they say all the files i need are stored in the controller .....How cool is that? Also it seems like i keep learning the same lesson about backing up on a regular basis. My daddy always said i 'll have to learn the hard way.. Anyways i can use the overtime right now

Comment