Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z axis will not go to home position?

Good morning guys,
    I powered up the machine this morning. When the dialog box asked me to home the machine. I clicked on yes and the probe started to go in the negative Z axis into the table. I hit the emergency stop button. Restarted PCDMIS again, and after turning on the controller notice that on the jog box I can move in all directions except Z plus axis. Then after letting it sit for 10 minutes I am able to move the Z plus axis on the jog box, and home the machine.

This is the second time this has happen to me in 3 weeks. I just upgraded to V4.2 CAD++ when this happened the first time. Has anybody run into this problem before?

Thanks..
    Starrett 4040-24
    Renishaw PH10M head
    Renishaw TP200
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 4.2!!! crashed my probe into the table
    Moving on to 4.2mr1

Make sure all connections are tight.
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

If it is only moving in the Z minus direction, it thinks that it has passed the Z+ limit. Your limit switch may have fallen off the z-axis rail and is riding on the z-axis encoder.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

When checking everything is tight also check to see that the cards are tight inside the box... had this happen.

Comment