z Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z Problems

I wrote a program for a flat round disc with a center hole. I used two standoffs with threaded wholes for alinement then moved the origin to the center hole of the blank. The first 6 blanks ran find then the cmm had trouble finding the first hole on the alinement. It would stop just short of surface when checking the plane or it would crash into the surface. I am using 4.0. I hit PF9 and redid the hits on the hole and ran test they worked ok. Program asked if I wanted to change the alinement with the data from the test, I hit ok. The program ran ok for two blanks then it did it again. When it crashed into the surface when doing the plane checks I raised the probe back up then it took off in another directions and hit the table. The next time this happened I grabbed the job box and tried to run the probe up as it ran along the table. If I let it go it would go down and crash. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to stop it?

Sounds like you might have a lot of variation from part to part. Check the thickness with a caliper, micrometer or other measuring tool.

I would also shut down and reboot. Recalibrate (qualify) the tip. That kind of crash WILL mess up the calibration.

Use the ESTOP (red button) instead of trying to control the tip with the jogbox when it is heading for a crash.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

Also, look at this thread. Having the info James mentions helps. Different versions and different machines have different quirks.
      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
      sigpic

Comment

Could you post your manual and DCC alignment? If not too big the entire program?
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I'm assuming you are using loops for this program?
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

z problem

I have shut down the system more than once and reboted the controler and the software. It will run one maybe two parts before it has the same problem. The last time it happened on the second standoff I am using for alignment. My manual aliegmnent consisted of leveling to the plane. referenced both holes for rotation, and set the origin to the first hole and the plane. The plane hits were taken from the blank. I have done this alignment more that a dozen times on other simular parts. I have never had this happen before. Could this be a bug in version 4 or a controler problem or may be a problem with dirt in the air bearings. This machine sits most of the time and is only used a couple of times a month.

Thanks for the replys.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Alward View Post
              I have shut down the system more than once and reboted the controler and the software. It will run one maybe two parts before it has the same problem. The last time it happened on the second standoff I am using for alignment. My manual aliegmnent consisted of leveling to the plane. referenced both holes for rotation, and set the origin to the first hole and the plane. The plane hits were taken from the blank. I have done this alignment more that a dozen times on other simular parts. I have never had this happen before. Could this be a bug in version 4 or a controler problem or may be a problem with dirt in the air bearings. This machine sits most of the time and is only used a couple of times a month.

Thanks for the replys.
              Still confused here.
              You say you use the standoffs for alignment but you say your manual alignment is on the plane (presumably the surface of the part?)

Unless you break some serious rules there should be no way for the CMM to miss a standoff that is screwed into the table or scab plate.

Please post some code.
              Bill Jarrells
              A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment