Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-attended repeating program for demo

Hi guys,

I've been asked to write a program, if possible, on one of our parts that will run all day un-attended, to automatically repeat. I can't say I know how to do it or even if it can be done with pc-dmis.

The length of the program run-time does not need to be very long, it just needs to be able to repeat, on its own.

Using v4.2.

So, can it be done and does anyone know how to do it?

Aaron Fenner
    Quality Engineer
    PC-Dmis v4.3
    B & S Global Status 7.7.7
    6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

Originally posted by afenner View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been asked to write a program, if possible, on one of our parts that will run all day un-attended, to automatically repeat. I can't say I know how to do it or even if it can be done with pc-dmis.

The length of the program run-time does not need to be very long, it just needs to be able to repeat, on its own.

Using v4.2.

Loop it, with a 5000 loop count and no XY or Z ofsets for each loop.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Hi guys,

Using v4.2.

Use an VB script program (like one in Excel). You make the loops in Excel and have Excel start the program over and over again.

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Hi guys,

Using v4.2.

I would say Write it normal. Put a label before the actual measurements start. Then, at the end of the program put a goto referencing the label. Will run forever.
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Thx for the quick responses guys....I'll work on it.

Aaron Fenner
          Quality Engineer
          PC-Dmis v4.3
          B & S Global Status 7.7.7
          6 years xp 32-bit

sigpic

Comment

Labels and Gotos should do it. Put a lable at the start of the program, something like START and at the end you put a GOTO/START. You'll need to make sure that your probe is rotated correctly and that you don't have anything in the way when it restarts. So before your goto, rotate your probe to the attitude it needs to be in at the start label and add moves to get to where there isn't anything in the way of your first feature. To stop it CNTRL-ALT-DEL and halt the process. It ain't pretty, but it'll work.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
              I would say Write it normal. Put a label before the actual measurements start. Then, at the end of the program put a goto referencing the label. Will run forever.
              Ding! ding! ding!

I think that is probably the easiest way to do it. Just put the label right after the mode/dcc command and the goto at the end. Just make sure that before the goto, you have move points and rotate the probe to get it ready to start again.

If you are looking for wow factor, put in a couple of angle changes and measure with some funky angle like A22.5,B22.5. Also, run it as fast as you can and keep it tight to the part (no 1" clearplane moves). Sure, it may not be the most accurate but it will knock their socks off to see it speeding around the part like that.

Comment

Curious as to why you would waste a machine away doing demos all day long?? Are you a distributor? I would assume u have programmers there.
                I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Turn on your WIZARDS toolbar and use MULTI-EXECUTE. This allows a constant re-execution of your program after the previous one finishes. This won't have a 'bog-down' effect as looping because it is a new execution everytime, instead of one big LONG program in memory.

Stu

Comment

Could be he wants to make himself look busy... your boss will not bother you as long as the machine is moving.

Comment

The label and goto thing is the easiest. Keep the probe as close to the part as possible, add a lot of little movepoints and use funky probe angles. If you have a probe change rack use every one of your probes and move the rack close to the part. Man, now I want to write one.
                      sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by dandrewsca View Post
                        Could be he wants to make himself look busy... your boss will not bother you as long as the machine is moving.
                        Or he could just get the steaming cup of coffee.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...33617994984896

(watch as original size, button in lower right hand corner)
                        sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Rangerboat & I had to do this for a DOG & PONY show a year or two ago. The boss hole told us to do it
                          sigpicRegards,
                          Donald Henger
                          B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                          3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                          PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                          Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

I agree with Stuart. Use the MULTI-EXECUTE wizard.

Comment

Make sure you turn on fly-mode, max speed, move-all points, and circular moves around 3pnt diameters Then add voice, pictures, and music. Heck, go all out and add basic scripts that access your I/O ports hooked up to lights and disco balls.
                              I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                              PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment