Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4.1 Custom Report Sample with header input

Hey guys,

I posted a thread about adding input to apply to the header of v4.1 reports. I've also seen a few others posting about this issue.

Here is a sample of a custom report I made that will prompt you when you execute a program to enter various things to add to the header such as serial#, workorder#, etc. It's a really basic example which you can expand on. Nice thing about editing reports is that it will print to each page instead of one header on the front page. So if you lose a page, you can tie it back to the others.

Enjoy.

File could not be zipped under 200kb so go here to download:

http://www.speedyshare.com/747165562.html
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Thanks!
    sigpic 1.61803399Δ
    ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
      Hey guys,

I posted a thread about adding input to apply to the header of v4.1 reports. I've also seen a few others posting about this issue.

Here is a sample of a custom report I made that will prompt you when you execute a program to enter various things to add to the header such as serial#, workorder#, etc. It's a really basic example which you can expand on. Nice thing about editing reports is that it will print to each page instead of one header on the front page. So if you lose a page, you can tie it back to the others.

Enjoy.

File could not be zipped under 200kb so go here to download:

http://www.speedyshare.com/747165562.html

Thanks! This is a good one!

By the way, the issue with variables in the FILE_HEADER is a lot better in V4.2, than it was in V4.1. Under NC, it is entirely resolved even. In regular PC-DMIS it is still a bit difficult but also getting better.

Jan.
      PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
      Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

I did notice you can't edit labels like reports. I went and tried to modify the header label to do the things in the report and won't even give me the option. There has to be a list of report/label codes like =loadstr, =file_name, =ID, etc. The help file only lists common ones. There has to be one for variables.

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Version 4.2 supports displaying part program variables in your report by using something like...

=VARIABLE("V1")

... where V1 is the variable's name.

However, getting it to show up in the header still requires a little tweaking, since technically the variable doesn't exist when the header is created.
          Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
          [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

this file has been deleted from that site for being too old.

I am looping a program to measure multiple parts and print report of each part to a file. But the header only stays with the report of the first part. how do i change this?

Comment

2 things:
              1: it may be that you do not set your RPT as the default. Go to your REPORT window and get your report set up the way you want it. Then press the button Set as Default. It is on the top of the REPORT window.
              2: I think though, that you will have to upgrade to V4.2. I have had lots of problems with RPT's and LBL's in V4.1. I actually gave up and use the standard ones. In V4.2, the problems have gone from severe to annoying. The reporting mostly works, except for some annoying issues that are easy to work around.

Jan.
              PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
              Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by dre_23 View Post
                this file has been deleted from that site for being too old.

I am looping a program to measure multiple parts and print report of each part to a file. But the header only stays with the report of the first part. how do i change this?

I've found that you have to exit the program then re-open it to work. I assume this is fixed in v4.2. Another thing I noticed is that you must have the report window active or on top for it to work. I will keep you updated if I find a fix.

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment