alignments keep moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alignments keep moving

When I create an alignment in 3.5 PCDMIS, I have it lock down so that the xyz icon is not rotating in any positions. As I continue to program it seems like my alighments get off track and moves the xyz icon to another place. Even tho the aligments has not been touch again from the original alignment. Any ideas would help.

When you say moving, do you mean your XYZ zero is actually changing? Or is the trihedron moving in your part? If you've got scale to fit on you may see the latter.
    One thing I do to "verify" my alignment is manually move the tip as close to 0,0,0 as possible. Look at the readout and verify that your alignment is correct.
    Another idea. If you are using a line in your manual alignment, you need to make sure the hits are always taken in the same order. (ie. xminus to xplus) I've forgotten what I did the day before and ran my manual alignment incorrectly. WHAT A MESS! I was to stubborn to look at the vector of the line (DUH!) and now add COMMENT/operator to any manual alignments I use.

Hope this helps.
    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
    sigpic

Comment

If you zoom in on your part to where you cannot see the trihedron it will move it to the corner of the screen, but zero is still zero.
      James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by J Temmen
        If you zoom in on your part to where you cannot see the trihedron it will move it to the corner of the screen, but zero is still zero.
        Good point, I didn't think of that one.
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment