Disk probe calibration in 3.7 MR3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk probe calibration in 3.7 MR3

I am currently using MR2 and on the last hit of calibration the disk slams into the qual sphere. I was told that MR3 has fixed this. Anyone know if this is true? Also, has anyone had many new problems with MR3?

Slams as in the Z axis? You will have to adjust the setup of the calibration for this.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

You should go to MR3 anyway. It is that last stable version available.
      sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Originally posted by Nevets View Post
        I am currently using MR2 and on the last hit of calibration the disk slams into the qual sphere. I was told that MR3 has fixed this. Anyone know if this is true? Also, has anyone had many new problems with MR3?
        I never experienced this problem in MR2 and have not experienced it in MR3. I'm kind of thinking this isn't an MR issue. How many hits on how many levels are you using to calibrate the disk? What are your start and end angles set up for?

Comment

I have tried all range of hit from 5 to 25. I am using an sp800 scaning head on a global image machine. I see from other posts now about the 2 levels and starting at -10 deg, so I am going to try that.

Comment

disk stylus with analog probe

This is a problem also for ver 4.2, and 4.1. However the calibration is going through the entire procedure, measurement with disk stylus is giving strange results. The only calibration method is 5 points by two levels. If you try to increase the number of the measuring points probe will hit the calibration sphere.

I have made a scanning test on a ring gauge with different probes (ball and disk) Roundness with ball stylus was 0.005mm with disk probe was 0.025mm ~ 5 times bigger. Strange is that measurement point by point with disk stylus is giving similar results 0.005mm.

Waiting for WILCOX to solve the problem.

Regards,

Zsolt

Comment