3.7mr3 to 3.2 programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7mr3 to 3.2 programs

I have a customer that sent me a program in 3.2. I opened it ran it offline and did some editing (with the customer's approval) and would like to send it back to him but I can only save back to V3.5. Can I copy the code into a Word or text document, send it back to him and then have him copy and paste the new code into his original program?
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Originally posted by dwade View Post
    I have a customer that sent me a program in 3.2. I opened it ran it offline and did some editing (with the customer's approval) and would like to send it back to him but I can only save back to V3.5. Can I copy the code into a Word or text document, send it back to him and then have him copy and paste the new code into his original program?
    In 3.7mr3 and 4.2 you should be able to save back to most anything. I opened up 3.7mr3 and tried saving back. Here is a little bit of info for you. Did you try the little arrow on the side where the choices are for saving as? Because when you grab that you can save to a much older version.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I tried that once. It didn't work.

You should be able to save back farther than that. If you do a 'save-as' down at the bottom of the window will be a drop down. In the box will be "PC-DMIS part program" If you drop it down, you should be able to click the down arrow and get 3.2

Comment

I'm using v4.1. Farthest back I can save is v3.201. I've never tried copying the code onto a text file and pasting it back into a program. Would be interesting to find out.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
          I've never tried copying the code onto a text file and pasting it back into a program. Would be interesting to find out.
          It doesn't work, I've tried it. If it did, you could program "offline" if you could remember the text and where to put spaces and commas and such.

Comment

Woud exporting to DMIS in 3.5
            and importing from DMIS in 3.2 work
            Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
              It doesn't work, I've tried it. If it did, you could program "offline" if you could remember the text and where to put spaces and commas and such.
              Yea I got a "Long too long Error"

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
              PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RussL View Post
                Woud exporting to DMIS in 3.5
                and importing from DMIS in 3.2 work
                Just a thought.
                I would be careful on doing this. v3.5 might have features coded differently than v3.2 so the DMIS translation might not be recognizable to v3.2.

PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Well I need to pull my head out of my butt. When I opened the "save as" and opened the pull down all I ever saw was the 3.6 and 3.5. Didn't think of scrolling with the arrow to see if there was anything below the 3.5.

Thanks for the enlightenment

Duane
                  Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
                  Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Comment