Why does it
    Why does it
    Why does it hurt...when i
    Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Leave a comment:

• John Kingston
    replied
    Originally posted by Hilton Roberts
    Alcohol is good. My definition of a good breakfast is Post Toasties and VO......'ya definitely have the grains there.......

H
    There's always Wheaties & beer........"Breakfast of Ex-Champions!"

Leave a comment:

• John Kingston
    replied
    Originally posted by cmmguy
    John,
    You have to be old to know what DYNAMO HUM is.
    It's usually cured with marriage.....
    I turned 21 for the 20th time in March. Young at heart! Zappa was an amazing musician.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Sarrach
    replied
    yes Hilton, Alcohol is good.

Its amazing, how alcohol can have different affect on things, On machinery, its stops them from humming, yet in humans, it get us to start humming, And if you get enough alcohol in certain ones of them, you can get harmonic humming. hmmmmm hmmmmmmmm hmmmmmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• cmmguy
    replied
    John,
    You have to be old to know what DYNAMO HUM is.
    It's usually cured with marriage.....

Leave a comment:

• Hilton Roberts
    replied
    Alcohol is good. My definition of a good breakfast is Post Toasties and VO......'ya definitely have the grains there.......

H

Leave a comment:

• jmgreen
    replied
    That's interesting. I get cleaned out with alcohol occasionally and I've never stopped. Think I'll try it again tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fitzgerald
    replied
    Thanks ~ Cleaned out with alchahol in the air lines and it stopped.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Fitzgerald
    replied
    Originally posted by Tested
    I was hearing the same thing. "TWICE" The first time we found that we were getting oil and water in the lines once we fixed that it stoped. The other time it was simplely that the counterweight presure needed some fine adjustment. I hope this will help. Good luck.
    Thanks ~ Cleaned ouil with alchahol and it stopped

Leave a comment:

• tking
    replied
    Originally posted by Tested
    I was hearing the same thing. "TWICE" The first time we found that we were getting oil and water in the lines once we fixed that it stoped. The other time it was simplely that the counterweight presure needed some fine adjustment. I hope this will help. Good luck.
    I was going to have you check your air quality as well, gotta love all the expertise on this forum!

TK

Leave a comment:

• Tested
    replied

Leave a comment:

• John Kingston
    replied
    I had a similar but different issue, with the x-axis. Had service in. Had a blocked air-bearing. Can you see anything on any of the surfaces that the bearings ride on? I had a white film on mine.

AND, for all the smart aleks......

Are you sure it's not a Dynamo Hum? (Rimshot goes here!)

Leave a comment:

• J Temmen
    replied
    I hate to sound like a salesperson but if you can't solve it on your own give us a call. 734-451-8740 and ask for Tom Snyder. We can help.Tell him Jim told you to call.

Leave a comment:

• BOB PARSONS
    replied
    HUM

IF IT'S NOT AIR RELATED A SERVO MOTOR GOING BAD
    WILL MAKE THE EXACT NOISE AND SYMPTOMS YOU
    ARE DESCRIBING. SOMETIMES IT'S AN ADJUSTMENT ON THE SERVO
    BOARD TO CORRECT THE HUM FROM THE MOTOR. I'VE HAD THIS
    SEVERAL TIMES ON THE OLDER WORLD CONTROLLERS. I DON'T KNOW
    IF YOUR "NEW " CONTROLLER OR SERVOS WOULD HAVE THE SAME ISSUES.

Leave a comment:

• T Miller
    replied
    I have had the same thing.. on an Fx
    I went to clean the z rail and took some of the screws loose on the case...
    Seen I couldn't get it off without removeing the head. So just being off a tad it would rub at times when I had the temp up in the room or just whenever it felt like it.. I found the spot it did it the most in and reajusted the case.. Problem went away... Glad it wasn't anything else wrong.. like some of the replys above

Leave a comment: