• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d.evans
    replied
    she's off and running.

Thanks guys.
    I did the "close" buildup 10mm ext, .5X10 tip) and it is running around the tooling ball as we speak (or read).

Leave a comment:

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
    replied
    Nope, ya didn't get it. In the drop-down list when you are building the probe config in the software, not the actual hardware you have, make a build-up that matches the actaul hardware you are using. So, if there is a 0.5x10 in the drop-down list, use that with a 10mm extension to match the 0.5x20 probe that you actually have.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Helm
    replied
    See "Adding a custom stylus:" in the manual or help file.

Leave a comment:

• d.evans
    replied
    "use a 10mm ext and a .5 x 10 tip"

Can't do that. The tip without an extension is .5X20.
    Renishaw model A-5003-1345.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Sarrach
    replied
    use a 10mm ext and a .5 x 10 tip

Dam Matt you are quick on the draw

Leave a comment:

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
    replied
    You can do one of several things:

1) Edit the PROBE.DAT file and add the tip in, I think there is a 2x20, you would simply copy the data for that tip, give it a new name, and change the 0.5 to 2.0

2) Leave it as it is and make a build-up that matches, ie 10mm extension and 0.5x10 tip

3) Make a build-up that is close, after all, once it is calibrated, it will know the correct length and size and will use THAT information, not the 'designed' information for calibrations in the future.

Leave a comment:

• d.evans
    started a topic new tip question

new tip question

I just received a new tip which I plan on using in slot #3 on my tip changer. The problem is, the tip isn't one that is listed in the drop-down menu (the new one is a .5mm by 20 mm.)
    Any suggestions?