Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.renscan5.com/en/6055.aspx

I saw one in use and my jaw hit the floor. This thing is so fast and accurate but pricey.
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Originally posted by inspector212 View Post

I saw one in use and my jaw hit the floor. This thing is so fast and accurate but pricey.
    Where did you see info on this??
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

I am wondering how well this thing works in the real world? You know how that goes sometimes, not as advertised.!?
      sigpic

Comment

inspector212,
        What type of machine was this on? And does PC-dmis have the ability to utilize this that you know of?
        Thanks Mike
        Global FX 7-10-7
        Global Silver 7-10-7
        Microval PFX
        PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

According to the B&S rep in my area, this thing is not ready for the real world. But of course he would say that. The new Tesa heads that Hexagon is making are an indication that they would like to get away from Renishaw if possible.
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Imagine the wear on the ruby tips though!
            I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
            PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
              According to the B&S rep in my area, this thing is not ready for the real world. But of course he would say that. The new Tesa heads that Hexagon is making are an indication that they would like to get away from Renishaw if possible.
              I have the Tesabut I have the SP25 Renishaw scanning Probe on it. It is pretty darn fast, I mean I probly could turn it up to that speed I just dont know what the accurecy is. Did you know that the SP25 Renishaw head is run by a internal laser. And it never leaves the part once it starts its scanning. Its pretty impressive.
              sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

One of the divisions of my company has one and is testing it. I also heard that GE engines has two of them.

I heard of the accuracy by word of mouth by the programmer who was using it. The basis for this head is that if you take out the machine X, Y or Z movement you will remove variation and it is true, so I hear.

It was on a Wenzel machine when I saw it and it was not running PC-DMIS but I believe, also from word of mouth, that PC-DMIS will run it.
                sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

They will send you a demo disk if you want one.They sent me one.So far it is not supported by brown & sharp.

Comment

Pimp!
                    RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbotta View Post
                      Pimp!
                      So he has Renishaw and I have ******** huh?
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

You are corect inspector212. It is in fact a Wenzel Machine. We are currently looking at new cmm's. The Wenzel guy was the only one who pointed out the Machine manufacturer. When we asked the others, "we're working on it" was the response.

As I understand it currently the only combo capable of any useful data at that speed is on a Wenzel with a UCC2 from Renishaw. There must be a reason for Renishaw to choose Wenzel over The other makers.
                        Vegetables are what food eats

Here be the cards I was dealt
                        B&S Xcel
                        PC-DMIS 2011 We are all just beta testers

Comment

This probe will be perfect for machined parts, but thin materials, sharp edges or burrs on sheet metal...I doubt it.
                          Very impressive though
                          sigpicIt's corona time!
                          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I wonder the accuracy on this kind of probing though. On the site they mention using a very low force when doing these scans. One would imagine the pain of filtering this kind of data for accuracy. That surface had better be smooth as a baby's bottom to get good results.
                            I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                            PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I thought contact measurement was dead technology, eventhough it's my bread & butter. I think one day laser scanning will be good enough to use for everything, but when? Is this that much superior to devalue our existing equipment? I don't think so.

G
                              sigpic

Comment