Move Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Speed

Problem When I changed from 3.7mr2 to 3.7mr3 The move speed changed. (The actual speed that is ) Ex 20% of max speed which is 500 in mr2 is slower than 20% of 500 in mr3. When I go into Edit>prefernces>machine interface set up>params and change the max speed to a lower value the machine does not slow down in existing progs. When I create a new program the values seem to go into affect.
    sigpic

Originally posted by AJHVW93 View Post
    Problem When I changed from 3.7mr2 to 3.7mr3 The move speed changed. (The actual speed that is ) Ex 20% of max speed which is 500 in mr2 is slower than 20% of 500 in mr3. When I go into Edit>prefernces>machine interface set up>params and change the max speed to a lower value the machine does not slow down in existing progs. When I create a new program the values seem to go into affect.
    "
    try deleting the old one and add a new "Edit>prefernces>machine interface set up>params and change the max speed"? a row or two from the original
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Not sure if you did this already but I would open your existing programs and check the speed settings from within that program to see if it changes.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
        "
        try deleting the old one and add a new "Edit>prefernces>machine interface set up>params and change the max speed"? a row or two from the original
        Thanks Paul ,tried that no luck
        sigpic

Comment

Can you not just go to parameters in beginning of program & change move speeds ???
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

3.73 does not play as well with 3.72 as their names might suggest. However, I have been running a lot of 3.72 programs in 3.73 and I have not had this particular problem The speeds match. Are sure SURE your MAX Speed is the same in both versions? My max speed is set to 254mm / sec
            Bill Jarrells
            A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
              Not sure if you did this already but I would open your existing programs and check the speed settings from within that program to see if it changes.
              yes tried that no luck Thanks for your reply
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                3.73 does not play as well with 3.72 as their names might suggest. However, I have been running a lot of 3.72 programs in 3.73 and I have not had this particular problem The speeds match. Are sure SURE your MAX Speed is the same in both versions? My max speed is set to 254mm / sec
                yes thanks for your help
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bw_bob View Post
                  Can you not just go to parameters in beginning of program & change move speeds ???
                  yes I can change the move speed to a different percentage and slow it down or speed it up . (I can get the desired speeds) its just that now 20 percent runs like 80 percent thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Can someone please perform an exorcism !! Demons be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

yes I can change the move speed to a different percentage and slow it down or speed it up . (I can get the desired speeds) its just that now 20 percent runs like 80 percent thanks

That's like a free turbo charger!
                      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

But 100% is the same speed?
                        Definitley sounds like your MAX Speed is different in the settings editor.
                        Bill Jarrells
                        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                          But 100% is the same speed?
                          Definitley sounds like your MAX Speed is different in the settings editor.
                          Yeah, I mentioned that to tech support and I was told that Edit.prefs.mach interface set up. params was a short cut to the settings editor . I looked in the settings editor and could not find it. I believed what he was saying because open gl settings was listed as well and I no that is in the Settings Editor
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
                            That's like a free turbo charger!
                            Hey!!! I did not look at it that way Free Upgrade!!!! or not???
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I mentioned that to tech support and I was told that Edit.prefs.mach interface set up. params was a short cut to the settings editor . I looked in the settings editor and could not find it. I believed what he was saying because open gl settings was listed as well and I no that is in the Settings Editor
                              Are they running at the same speed when they are both set to 100?
                              Bill Jarrells

Comment