Calibrating probes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibrating probes

I'm having problems getting all of my probes to calibrate in DCC. I'm using a LK HC90, with a LH horizontal arm. My calibration sphere is set on an 45 Deg angle facing - X, so my I is -0.707 and my K is 0.707. I'm using a 5 way star styli, so I have a center probe and two other probes opposite of each other. Most of the time, the machie will calibrate the center probe, but will not calibrate any of the other probes. When it calibrates in DCC, the arm will move in the -Y- axis for it's four points. That is where the problem is, the sphere is pointing in the -X- axis, so I need machine to move in that axis while calibrating. Any suggestions?

Do you have the head set up correctly?

F5 ~ PART/MACHINE ~ PROBE HEAD ORIENTATION

That is the first place to start.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

When the probe calibration starts in DCC does it start with a clearance move above the probe?
      Dan

Comment

At A0B0 it is set to YPlus at 90A180B it is set to ZMinus which is the correct directions for both.

Comment

it asks to take a hit on the sphere with the probe "normal to probe"

Comment

okay... take a hit of top of sphere... when it is done it should move directly above the sphere, if it moves anywhere else you qual sphere is not set up properly.

Comment

I have the correct setting for the qual sphere, it seems like the software doesn't recognize that the sphere is on the 45 deg angle. I have the I,J,K set correctly. I is -.707 and K is .707

Comment

okay, what is it doing when you tell it to measure more than one probe... I assume it measures the first one correctly and then what happens to the next one.

Comment

Ok if your looking at the sphere standing in front on the machine is the top ball to the right & the bottom to the left

If this is correct then your vectors should be I =.707, J =0, K =.707
                  sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

At 90A 180B, it measures the center probe, then backs off and moves for the next probe, but it hits on the shank about 1/2" below the sphere.

Comment

The sphere is facing negative X, that is why I have I= -.707

Comment

Is the probe constructed properly, it sounds like one of the lengths is incorrect like you have an extra extention in your probe build up

Comment

Ok then can you build a 5 way & leave some of the connections empty or do you need all 5 probes
                          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

I'm using three 4X10mm probes, in the A0B0 position they are the top, center and bottom. I'm using this set up as when the software was installed last week, that is the configuration that the service tech used. This is also the same set up I used when I was running LK-DMIS

Comment

So you are using T1, T3 & T5 correct

Comment