Getting Rolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Rolling

Just got back from "school" in Rhode Island on Friday. Went to work, qualified my own set of tips, associated them to their appropriate slots, and started to write a test program.

Took 4 points on a plane of the "Hexegon Metrology" test part, and the graphics would not show the plane on the view screen, after I hit "done."

What did I forget already?
    -Soupy1957
    sigpic"I used to know what I was doing, but that was before I forgot!"

-Soupy1957
    PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
    Tutor

Hit control Z to resize and center the features in the graphics display window.
    Kevin

Comment

What kmcmm said. There is also a "scale to fit" button on your toolbar. And also please do not bait me with threads that start with titles such as rolling.
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

There is also a "Automatically Scale to Fit" in setup. Not sure exactly where in V4.2. Try to start thread titles that apply to your question. It makes searches easier and keeps Craig from getting all excited about words like rolling, free ****, and increase your size.
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by soupy1957 View Post
          Just got back from "school" in Rhode Island on Friday. Went to work, qualified my own set of tips, associated them to their appropriate slots, and started to write a test program.

Took 4 points on a plane of the "Hexegon Metrology" test part, and the graphics would not show the plane on the view screen, after I hit "done."

-Soupy1957
          Are you using CAD?
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
            Are you using CAD?

Does the test part come with cad? if so where is it?
            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I have the cad files for the test part that came with ours
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                I have the cad files for the test part that came with ours
                I will do a search, thanks Tom.
                sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

You can try going into EDIT | Graphics Display Window | Feature Appearance | and turning off and on the display / label and see if that helps. Only other thing I can think of at the moment.
                  I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                  PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                  PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

When I loaded 3.5 mr2 on my laptop the iges files for the block were already located in the c drive where I loaded dmis....it was part of the installation
                    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by soupy1957 View Post

-Soupy1957
                      Take the 4 hits with your mouse on the cad model first and then hit "end". Make sure the correct feature type is created when doing this - you may have to retouch by spreading out your touches on the feature or use the over ride feature in the file pull down. Do this with all of your alignment features and create your alignment then you can execute what you have of your program with the cmm manually and all features should line up with the cad model. You can also get the cad model where you would like to view it and create a viewset.
                      Last edited by djayne; 07-17-2007, 12:05 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
                        Does the test part come with cad? if so where is it?
                        In the same drive/folder Pcdmis is installed. Should be wireframe, solid, inches and metric.
                        sigpicIt's corona time!
                        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

First off,...I wasn't trying to "bait" anyone, and I'm not even sure "how" it is a "bait" to begin with.

Secondly, I didn't have a chance to get rolling with the test block sample included with our machine, since I ended up having to get "rolling" on an actual part that needed attention.

Third: I'm finding that I have go use the "Lab" material as a foundation for my work, and I'm glad I have the book.
                          Fourth: The more I learn, the more I realize I DON'T know, (and I can honestly say I paid attention, in class).

-Soupy1957
                          sigpic"I used to know what I was doing, but that was before I forgot!"

-Soupy1957
                          PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
                          Tutor

Comment

Isn't it great just back from class and right to work. Even though they say to play with it for a week and by play I mean get use to the control and buttons.
                            Don't worry about baiting craiger he is easy from what I hear. Oh and don't take anyone to serious on here, they are the best for helping when you need it but they are a bit off to the left....way off I should say :-)
                            Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

Comment

It was a joke. Sorry. ctr + z
                              <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment