Variable Filenames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable Filenames

I am experimenting with Variable Filenames with no success. I currently input sample # in the beginning of In Process Programs. I want to output the report file using this information.
    For example, I input 071607 1130am IP in a sample number. Now I want thereport filename to be: 071607 1130am IP and I want it to go in the directory of my choice.
    Has anybody tried this and had success?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Never mind. It works. I don't know why it worked on the 3rd try but it did. hmm.
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Are you talking about printing to files? What do you mean by variable filenames?
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

There is a chapter in the help files/Manual about this very subect.
        Vegetables are what food eats

Here be the cards I was dealt
        B&S Xcel
        PC-DMIS 2011 We are all just beta testers

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
          Are you talking about printing to files? What do you mean by variable filenames?
          From original post, I meant this:

I am experimenting with Variable Filenames with no success. I currently input sample # in the beginning of In Process Programs. I want to output the report file using this information.
          For example, I input 071607 1130am IP in a sample number. Now I want thereport filename to be: 071607 1130am IP and I want it to go in the directory of my choice.
          Has anybody tried this and had success?
          Thanks,
          Bill

At any rate, I got it working. Thanks.
          Bill Jarrells

Comment

PDF Exported Files in 4.2

Last Thursday (9/20) I upgraded to v.4.2 now my script files to export the report to a PDF file no longer work properly. I get the "VAR_FILENAME" instead of the scripted file.

The report prints to the printer okay.

Reviewing the help files for 4.1 and 4.2 did not reveal any differences.

Any idea what may be going on?

Comment

There was discussion about that in some other threads.
              Start a new thread with the same questions and use part of you question in the topic title and you will get some hits in the bottom search area.

Also starting a new thread will get answers since not everyone looks in every thread.
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment