Running a Program Not Written on my CMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a Program Not Written on my CMM

I am trying to run a program supplied by our customer - running in v3.7 MR3.

The part is approximately a 4"dia x 6" high plastic fuel pump reservoir, which requires several 100mm+ long tips. With the longest tip, I drove the probe around the part, at the various angles - so there is plenty of room around the part. Even though I placed the part in the center of the surface plate, I got a "Machine Parameter Out of Tolerance" error.

At the stopping point, the Probe Readout window shows X: 200 something, Y: -180 something, Z: 300 something, whereas the stopping feature has THEO TARGETS of around X:20, Y: 10 Z: 10. This feature is very early in the program - before the first alignment.

I think the zero point of the CMM the program was written on is different from the zero point of my CMM. However, I am not sure what I can do to run the program on my CMM.

Any ideas?

Keith

Are there not any manual touches and a manual alignment at the beginning of the program? If there are not and the program is all DCC, it is designed to run on their CMM located at a certain spot on their table.
    Look at the 1st DCC alignment and create a manual alignment to go at the very beginning of the program. Touch off just enough places to establish a co-ordinate system, then let it go into DCC and do the DCC alignment and program they supplied. Be sure to make a backup copy of the program before you try this. Pc-dmis tends to crash when you change alignments, especially when there is a lot of code after the alignment that could be altered by the altered alignment. I am leaving for the day now, but I hope this helps. It really should not be too hard to put a manual alignment in the front of this thing. Good Luck!
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Since we're touching this topic a bit ....

Have any of you ran a program on a bridge machine that was made on a horizontal arm machine ?

Comment

Originally posted by thecoot View Post
        Have any of you ran a program on a bridge machine that was made on a horizontal arm machine ?
        As long as it is a dmis program then you can run on any type machine. The only worries would be move points or clearance planes..Machine travel restrictions.
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Just redo the manual alignments.
          I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
          PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
          PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
            Just redo the manual alignments.
            And another reason to do the alignments as seperate programs from the check points.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by kv802 View Post
              I am trying to run a program supplied by our customer - running in v3.7 MR3.

The part is approximately a 4"dia x 6" high plastic fuel pump reservoir, which requires several 100mm+ long tips. With the longest tip, I drove the probe around the part, at the various angles - so there is plenty of room around the part. Even though I placed the part in the center of the surface plate, I got a "Machine Parameter Out of Tolerance" error.

At the stopping point, the Probe Readout window shows X: 200 something, Y: -180 something, Z: 300 something, whereas the stopping feature has THEO TARGETS of around X:20, Y: 10 Z: 10. This feature is very early in the program - before the first alignment.

I think the zero point of the CMM the program was written on is different from the zero point of my CMM. However, I am not sure what I can do to run the program on my CMM.

Any ideas?

Keith

What Pcdmis software was the program written with ( PCDMIS CAD ++, PCDMIS CAD, OR PCDMIS Pro) and what software are you using to run it?
              B & S XCEL 7-10-7
              Sharpe32 Controller
              PH10MQ & ACR1 Toolchanger
              TP20 & TP2 Probes
              Pcdmis CAD++ 3.7mr3, 4.3mr1, 2009mr1, 2010mr1
              Datapage RT 3.33
              sigpic

Comment

Every program should have a manual alignment. If not, then it's referencing an external alignment. Just gotta modify these to work on your machine. Everything else should follow.
                I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Don't forget to change your probe tips... T1A0B0 is not the same on a bridge as it is on a horizontal arm. Bridge points down and on an arm it points straight out... ie. Bridge A0B0 is Arm A90B180

Good luck, I have changed many programs for this and it can get quite confusing when you have a lot of probe angles.

Comment

On more thing Is there a difference in Table Height clearances?
                    I had a program that would not run from one machine to the other because the probe would not go all the way down to the table on the second machine. And though I did not hit the table I was close enought that it would run into the second machines stops.
                    Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Johnson View Post
                      On more thing Is there a difference in Table Height clearances?
                      I had a program that would not run from one machine to the other because the probe would not go all the way down to the table on the second machine. And though I did not hit the table I was close enought that it would run into the second machines stops.
                      Lee, what is going on here? First Steve, now you.
                      This thread is more than 3 years old.
                      Lately, it occurs to me
                      What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment