Anybody see Alignments go blank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody see Alignments go blank?

I using 4.1 on this machine & I have a program i wrote last week from a solid model.....I use an iterative alignment which i am fairly confident is pretty solid....The program has been running for 9 days 24/7 and today whatyaknow CRASH!!. I open the program to see wtf is goin on here & inside the iterative alignment the features to level,rotate & origin are all missing also where you can identify a label for start & error i had labels identified now have a feature name????? Weirdest thing I have seen...
    Also i just found out that the sister program which is just a mirrored program has done the same thing..Any clues to why the features have disappeared from the align?? I have not edited or touched these programs for 9 days!

I am currently getting wasted!

I don't think things just disapear. Interrogate everyone else who uses the machine. I'm sure someone did something to it. Hope you have backups somewhere.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

I did have backups so that's the one good thing. I also thought someone did something but it is extremely unlikely. Nobody here knows what an alignment is & to do the same thing to both programs would take some level of pcdmis knowledge......dunno??

Comment

If your IT group has not assisted you yet, to isolate the "Operator" mode (Read Only) so that folks around you can't modify the actual program, it would be a good idea to lock out any access to the Administrative priviledges on the PC associated with your CMM.

We FINALLY installed our 7-10-7 and it was only running for a DAY, when an hourly Inspector decided to log on to the computer and start building files, with no permission to do so, and no knowledge of PC-DMIS or an automated CMM, whatsoever.

Someone got in there, (innocently or not) and was "messin."

-Soupy1957
        sigpic"I used to know what I was doing, but that was before I forgot!"

-Soupy1957
        PC-DMIS 4.2/4.3MR 1
        Tutor

Comment

Are you sure that they are not off the screen by 1500mm? Just a thought. Maybe PC-DMIS flipped a vector of a line. Just guessing here.
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment