Why not Legacy Reporting????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not Legacy Reporting????

I'm using 4.1 on a regular basis now, and like some of you, I'm not very impressed with the direction B&S has taken with the reporting. It's all fine and I can appreciate the need for the report templates. However for those of us who don't need the fancy pantsy options it would be nice to be able to configure the system for legacy reporting, much like you can do with the dimensionsing.

I guess I'm just venting. Any opinions or suggestions out there?

Originally posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    Any opinions or suggestions out there?
    Yeah! Stick it to da MAN!! (don't be a 4head!)
    Last edited by kbotta; 10-05-2007, 08:49 AM.
    RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kbotta View Post
      Yeah! Stick it to da MAN!! (don't be a 4head!)

http://mud.mm-a1.yimg.com/image/2176683983
      or a 4skin

G
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrocket View Post
        I'm using 4.1 on a regular basis now, and like some of you, I'm not very impressed with the direction B&S has taken with the reporting. It's all fine and I can appreciate the need for the report templates. However for those of us who don't need the fancy pantsy options it would be nice to be able to configure the system for legacy reporting, much like you can do with the dimensionsing.

I guess I'm just venting. Any opinions or suggestions out there?
        This is doable. However, you should only use Legacy dimensions if you go this route.

You can get a legacy report in 4.x by doing the following:
        1. Open the Report window.
        2. Select the Template Selection dialog icon from the Reporting toolbar. The Report Templates dialog box appears.
        3. Click Add and select default.rtp. This is a catch-all, truly text-only, default report template which PC-DMIS falls back on if a part program tries to load a template that isn't on the computer system.
        4. Click Open to add the template into the dialog box. Click Open again inside the Report Templates dialog to load the default.rtp template into the Report window.
        5. Click the Add Template to Toolbar icon (the Save icon) from the Reporting toolbar. The default template now appears on the toolbar. So if you only want it sometimes, you can simply click on the icon to load it. If you want it to always load for the current part program, you can click the Set this report as the default report icon.
        6. This step is optional. If you will be modifying the finished report inside an RTF editor, you may want to change how RTF files are converted. In the PC-DMIS Settings Editor, expand the Printing section and set DoNotUseAmyUniRTF to 2. Click Save Setting and then click OK. This will make the text for the report print out to RTF files like they used to in 3.7 and before. If this is set to 0 (the default) characters show up inside of text boxes.
        Last edited by JaredHess; 07-13-2007, 09:16 PM. Reason: Changed "DoNotUseAmyUniRTF to 2" instead of 1
        Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
        [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Setting DoNotUseAmyunRTF to 2 would cover all possibilities. A setting of 1 assumes the user has selected the output type at the beginning of execution, this might not always be the case. The user could select RTF output at the end of the program.

Comment

Thanks Steve. I've modified my post.
            Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
            [View 2008 Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment