Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys For The 4heads

Good morning,

I have a couple of toys here that the User Group community may enjoy.

The first one can be used by any version from 3.25 up 4+. It is downloadable from WILCOX, but I thought what the heck I'll remind people of its' existence and provide a link to it. It is an executable program that will take any feature and change it into points. You can either keep the original feature or delete it after making the points. Nice little application.

TO POINTS

The second link is for 4HEADS only. What this does is opens up a screen that has all auto-features listed and you can edit all, one, or some auto-feature specific parameters. Users using older versions would know this as the GLOBAL UPDATE executable program.

4.2 AUTO-FEATURE EDITOR

Enjoy. All of these can be found on the WILCOX website.

I must also state that these are not created by me but WILCOX people. And a thank you to Don Ruggierri for getting me the newest 4.2 editor!!!
    Last edited by JamesMannes; 07-13-2007, 12:08 PM.
    sigpic

James Mannes

You know I have to ask (a rookie) I downloaded it into a file and see that's it's a .exe so when I execute it what does it actually do and where does it put it. I ask this so I want F.I.UP
    sigpic

Comment

Let it autoinstall and browse to wheer you want to put it. Once it is done, restart the computer. Using explorer go find the .exe and create a shortcut on your desktop. What it does has already been explained. If I was not clear enough about what it does let me know.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I have found that the global editor is extremely useful, especially in huge programs. All you have to do is open the PC-CMIS program that you want to change and run the update .exe, enter in the changes you want made and hit update. It's much better than "click, F9, change...click, F9, change...click, F9, change".

The other 2 programs are new to me. I'll have to check 'em out.

Homburgler
        sigpicHomburgler
        DEA Bravo Dual Arm | 3.5MR2
        B&S 7107 | 3.7MR3

Comment

James,

The points toy is sweet!

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
            James,

The points toy is sweet!

TK
            YES!!!
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

To Points WTF

Any body have trouble w/ the to points? I just tried to convert a cone and the points were way off. A cone constucted from these points would have a vector about 45° off. Am i doing something wrong?
              sigpic 1.61803399Δ
              ASSIMILATE INTERGRATE SYNTHESIZE

Comment

Sorry didn't get that far into using it with 4+. AUTO-CONE does not work properly. All the others I tried did though circles,planes, constructed lines, and scans.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Spheres work too. Just be sure that if you use To Points on a feature that has already been executed to update measured values to match the nominals, otherwise if you construct a feature out of the newly created points the contructed features noms are off (which means the points noms must be off as well).
                  sigpic 1.61803399Δ

Comment

Run 3.5 and the only problem I have with the to points is it makes me shut down and reopen the program and then edit view the edit window
                    sigpic
                    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                      Good morning,

The first one can be used by any version from 3.25 up 4+. It is downloadable from WILCOX, but I thought what the heck I'll remind people of its' existence and provide a link to it. It is an executable program that will take any feature and change it into points. You can either keep the original feature or delete it after making the points. Nice little application.

TO POINTS

The second link is for 4HEADS only. What this does is opens up a screen that has all auto-features listed and you can edit all, one, or some auto-feature specific parameters. Users using older versions would know this as the GLOBAL UPDATE executable program.

4.2 AUTO-FEATURE EDITOR

Enjoy. All of these can be found on the WILCOX website.

I must also state that these are not created by me but WILCOX people. And a thank you to Don Ruggierri for getting me the newest 4.2 editor!!!
                      James, you are the MANNES!!!

Thanks.
                      Bill Jarrells
                      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Tried to run the file ToPoints.EXE and receive an runtime error 91. will try again, but probally receive the same error.
                        sigpic

Comment

It seems cones work as well when I update measured values to match nominals.
                          sigpic 1.61803399Δ

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
                            Good morning,

TO POINTS

I've had issues with this program before when using with circles. I was checking the thickness of a tube using an ID and an OD. Couldn't figure it out but the distance between the points were not correct.
                            I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                            PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                            PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

The feature editor is the shiznit.

Comment