4.2 rounding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 rounding

Is there a way to make the depth field and other editable fields in the auto features not round the number as you type it in? if i take too long(appx. 3 seconds) to type, it rounds the number to a 2 place decimal before I'm done and really is a pain in the rear.
    For example if I'm entering .025 for a depth and I pause for a second or 2 for some reason after typing .02 then type the 5 key the value that ends up in the window is 5 not .025.
    Glenn if your checking this thread please find a way to get this changed. I do not see any benifit for pc-dmis to round any fields that a user types in.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Global FX 7-10-7
    Global Silver 7-10-7
    Microval PFX
    PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Originally posted by mhesse View Post
    Is there a way to make the depth field and other editable fields in the auto features not round the number as you type it in? if i take too long(appx. 3 seconds) to type, it rounds the number to a 2 place decimal before I'm done and really is a pain in the rear.
    For example if I'm entering .025 for a depth and I pause for a second or 2 for some reason after typing .02 then type the 5 key the value that ends up in the window is 5 not .025.
    Glenn if your checking this thread please find a way to get this changed. I do not see any benifit for pc-dmis to round any fields that a user types in.
    Thanks
    Mike
    Speed up or quit drinking so much that you can't hit the keys.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by mhesse View Post
      Thanks
      Mike
      Hi Mike-
      Yep, I'm reading.
      One or two other people have complained about this as well. The issue is that we need the values in the probe toolbox to be accepted right after they are typed in (not when the user presses "OK"/"Create") so that pathlines can update. The whole "tab off field" concept is a bit kludgy, especially when you don't have to do it in the autofeature dialog (anymore). (Further complicating things is how Microsoft handles decimal points in EditFields). What you're seeing was an attempt to make things better/simpler, but it may cause more problems than it's worth. We may wind up going back to a "tab off field" type solution again in the future. Until then, I'll point to James's post above. :-) -Glenn

P.S. You could also use the Command or Summary mode to edit the value.

Comment

What about just increasing the delay time? I would think that would be the best of both worlds.

That or simply making the field so that when you put the cursor in there and start typing it will append at the end of existing text unless the text is deleted or highlighted first.

Comment

Microsoft is always trying to improve.... just look how well Vista has turned out, for those of you are not using it well let me say you have something to look forward too.

Comment

thanks Glen, for the explanation. I like goodluck's Idea it just updates too fast.

James, the only way to tolerate work some days is to drink it up I guess I could get the lead out.
            Global FX 7-10-7
            Global Silver 7-10-7
            Microval PFX
            PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

GoodLuck's suggestion does seem to make sense... and we did it once already before the release (increased it a little), but I seem to remember, if you increased it too much, then there was a side-effect. But, that may indeed be the solution here. -G

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Russell View Post
                GoodLuck's suggestion does seem to make sense... and we did it once already before the release (increased it a little), but I seem to remember, if you increased it too much, then there was a side-effect. But, that may indeed be the solution here. -G
                Thank you, you can mail a check to me later.

Comment

Glenn, As long as I have your attention I have been having a problem when dimensioning a distance between 2 features. If I measure 2 lines and try to do a distance and click on the 1st line in the cad window it locks up immediatly and does the old PCDMIS has has created an error. Can you check this to see if it is something software related. I have 2 pc's with pcdmis and both do it immediatly. One has a quatro video card and the other has a geforce. I would think the geforce would be the one to fail if any, but one is a quatro which is the "recomended" card from what I have read. I am wondering if it is just my pc's or if it can be repeated by some one else?
                  thanks Mike
                  Global FX 7-10-7
                  Global Silver 7-10-7
                  Microval PFX
                  PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

mhesse-
                    Hi! I'm afraid I don't really do any work in that area, so I'm not sure. Maybe it would be best to start a new thread here on the forum? Or go through the normal SMA tech support routes? Sorry!
                    -Glenn

Comment