Question on Reporting Circular Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Reporting Circular Features

I have a part that has two circular features. They are concentric and one feature has a diameter of 0.186" larger than the other one. The print shows a cross section of this area with a gap of 0.093" between the two features. Is there any way to inspect these two features with Auto Circle and report out the difference in radii to give me the 0.093" dimension? Can I do this in several places, for example the gap along the -X axis, +X axis, -Y axis and +Y axis?

The difference in radii alone wont give you the gap correctly because the two features will not be concentric.

This will give you a very close answer:
    Construct generic lines in the various orientations you need(angles) with the staring point of the lines being the center of one of the circles.
    Intersect the various lines and the arcs.
    Find the 2D distance between the points that define the gaps.
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Create a 3d line through both and align the centerline, rotate, spit out that they are both 0,0. Use a variable and assign cir1.d-cir2.d/2.
      I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
      PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
      PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

That's what I'm looking for. I had to use pierce point to get the intersection between the constructed axis lines and the radius of the circle, but other than that, it was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your assistance!

Comment

Why do it this way as apposed to location of one axis to another axis? Unless function calls for it and I doubt it, I would position one to the other.
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment