Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing probes in a program

Hey All
    Is it ok to change probes manually in a program?

B&S global image 3.7 mr2
    Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

As long as you tell the CMM to select the new probe config you should be able to change it as often as you like... I always added a operator comment just before it and changed it when the operator comment came up, not sure why but always seemed to get a better reaction from the CMM when I did it.... I am assuming you are using a PAA connector or a TP20 though.
    Dan

Comment

What kind of probe have you got? Are you actually going to be unscrewing and re-screwing stuff?

Comment

If you are talking TP20 stuff it's ok if you don't have to unscrew the tip back and forth. If you have no changer PCDMIS will ask you to remove and replace the module with the correct one before proceeding.

I do not recommend unscrewing tips back and forth in between programs.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

We have a TP200. I would thing unsrewing it would be a big no no :-)

Comment

You can replace the module, but cannot unscrew the probe & change it without recalibrating
            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

I know you have to recalibrate it. I just ran a program where the ID is measured and true postion but the cbore is not. So then it is off to a difference CMM on the 2nd floor to measure the cbore seems a probe change in the program would be a good solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken379128 View Post
                I know you have to recalibrate it. I just ran a program where the ID is measured and true postion but the cbore is not. So then it is off to a difference CMM on the 2nd floor to measure the cbore seems a probe change in the program would be a good solution.
                You did not say you were just changing cmm's.......
                sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Ya I know just walking up to the 2nd floor is much better then changing a probe, I must be lazy :-) and of course with my luck the probe on the other cmm will be the monster ball when I would need the 0.5 mm and of course it a manual calibration cmm as well :-) he!! it would proably be faster to write a new program

Comment

Ya I know just walking up to the 2nd floor is much better then changing a probe, I must be lazy :-) and of course with my luck the probe on the other cmm will be the monster ball when I would need the 0.5 mm and of course it a manual calibration cmm as well :-) he!! it would proably be faster to write a new program
                    Consider an MCR20 Probe Changer? NICE!
                    Bill Jarrells
                    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                      Remember, you can NOT just buy a probe changer and expect it to work. You will have to PAY EXTRA for that option in Pcdmis and you will NOT be able to get that extra UNLESS you are up-to-date on your SMA.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Or consider a TP20 instead of the TP200.... are you using the TP200 for accuracy or just because you have it??

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
                          Ah if only we could, but seeing how we are closing it is a fight to get copier paper.

Comment

Well, if you have a modular type probe like a tp20 you can simply calibrate one tip on one module and then calibrate the other tip on another module being sure to calibrate A0B0 as well as any other angles you need and make sure to answer 'no' that the sphere hasn't moved.

If you will be unscrewing components, you will have to put the calibration for each tip in the program and not move the sphere while the program runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                              Remember, you can NOT just buy a probe changer and expect it to work. You will have to PAY EXTRA for that option in Pcdmis and you will NOT be able to get that extra UNLESS you are up-to-date on your SMA.
                              I had no idea it was an 'option' that uou had to pay for. WOW. PC does stand for Perfect Crime
                              Bill Jarrells
                              A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment