homing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homing question

Being new at this I was wondering how often people home their machines. What is the recomended procedure?
    Packerbacker1

I only home when their is a power outage & I have to........CMM stays on 24/7
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Mine gets homed every day, we shut it all down at night, except for the PC so they can do the company back ups.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Same as Matt. (except the backup thingy. I do that myself. I'm stubborn and have an IT guy who works with me )
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

I go home every day at about 3:30 and come back at about 5:30 the next morning. My machine goes home about 6:00 every morning (I have to check the forum first!).

Comment

Mine gets homed every day. I turn my off. I was told long ago by a CMM Repairman that leaving it on is not good for the controller, something about having to keep its location over a long period of time is not good for it. I will try and get you a better explaintion, I will call him.
            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

I power down every night. Every morning I start it up, after I drain the airlines to the air conditioning unit.

G
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                Same as Matt. (except the backup thingy. I do that myself. I'm stubborn and have an IT guy who works with me )
                ADMIT IT! YOU are the IT guy!

I do my own backups as well as teh company backing it up. I have a 20 gig drive partition JUST FOR my own back-up operation.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment