intermittent PH10 or TP20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intermittent PH10 or TP20

I replaced a TP20 last week because the machine quit responding to hits. You could see the probe touch the part multiple times in same place but no hits were being taken and no beeping. The same thing happened again with the next TP20 the next day. I would think it would be odd to have two TP20's back to back doing the same thing so I am suspecting something between the TP20and PH10. sometimes the led goes out when no touch is made to the probe and I lose the z axis control. re-homing corrects the problem but I feel that this is associated to the first issue. Now I have had no problem in about a week and I have been instructed to replace the TP20's but I'm not sure they are bad. Any way to verify this?

Originally posted by calbritton View Post
    I replaced a TP20 last week because the machine quit responding to hits. You could see the probe touch the part multiple times in same place but no hits were being taken and no beeping. The same thing happened again with the next TP20 the next day. I would think it would be odd to have two TP20's back to back doing the same thing so I am suspecting something between the TP20and PH10. sometimes the led goes out when no touch is made to the probe and I lose the z axis control. re-homing corrects the problem but I feel that this is associated to the first issue. Now I have had no problem in about a week and I have been instructed to replace the TP20's but I'm not sure they are bad. Any way to verify this?
    Check your cables to the head, one may be loose. Also, clean the contacts, that might also be the issue.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

has that PH10 been crashed? Check for signs of damage. I had the same experience and found out the 2nd shift guy crashed it, I had to replace it.
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Are you using a magnetic fixture?? Tp20's and magnets don't play fair
        sigpic
        To the Brave and the Faithful nothing is impossible

Comment

Originally posted by joe.sha View Post
          Are you using a magnetic fixture?? Tp20's and magnets don't play fair
          This was my first thought since the problem has gone away.

When you say you are replacing the TP20 are you replacing the actual probe (screws onto ph10) or are you just replacing the TP20 module (the part the tip screws onto)?

Comment