Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 3.73 DNL 3.72

All,
    I know I have been posting several really weird things about 3.73. SOme of you probably thought I had lost my mind or something. Well, I finally got to the bottom of it. 3.73 does NOT like 3.72. Lots of weird things happen when I run a 3.72 program in 3.73. And, unlike the conversion to 4.2 there is no warning that files are being converted - it just happens. And, the conversions can create real problems. Features can be measured at 0,0,0 and will report -85.673, 255.218, -47.558. I mean in the same line. The Theoretical AND Target can be perfect. Actual can be out in left field somewhere AND the machine really knows where it is it just won't tell you. Then IF you align to that particular feature PC DMIS forgets where it really is and Aligns to where it TOLD you it was. Serious problems! They seem to run OK until you try to change something (Or until PC DMIS changes something and you try to fix it).

So, I am not losing my mind. You cannot contact me and get some of what I am smoking. I have not dipped into a batch of loco hootch. The issue is with PC DMIS Version conversion.

Bill
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
    All,
    I know I have been posting several really weird things about 3.73. SOme of you probably thought I had lost my mind or something. Well, I finally got to the bottom of it. 3.73 does NOT like 3.72. Lots of weird things happen when I run a 3.72 program in 3.73. And, unlike the conversion to 4.2 there is no warning that files are being converted - it just happens. And, the conversions can create real problems. Features can be measured at 0,0,0 and will report -85.673, 255.218, -47.558. I mean in the same line. The Theoretical AND Target can be perfect. Actual can be out in left field somewhere AND the machine really knows where it is it just won't tell you. Then IF you align to that particular feature PC DMIS forgets where it really is and Aligns to where it TOLD you it was. Serious problems! They seem to run OK until you try to change something (Or until PC DMIS changes something and you try to fix it).

So, I am not losing my mind. You cannot contact me and get some of what I am smoking. I have not dipped into a batch of loco hootch. The issue is with PC DMIS Version conversion.

Bill
    I have said for a olong time (here and on the other forums) that migrating programs, either UP or DOWN versions can and WILL cause issues with some or all of your program, kind of hit and miss. I have advocated ALWAYS running your programs in the version you created them in. The reason you don't get the warning is because it is the same VERSION (3.7), it won't warn you about MR's, even though the same issues apply with migration.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment