Manual vs DCC WAY off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual vs DCC WAY off

I ran into a really weird situation yesterday and was wondering if anybody else has seen it or knows what might cause it.

I had some reported locations I did not trust and was investigating. Then I took a manual hit in the Y+. I edited the hit for the correct nominal while noting the actual location. Then I did a CTRL E on the hit to update the values with the DCC Driven Hit. The point wa 2mm different (y+ 2mm). I then locked the X and Z Axis and took another manual hit in the same spot. It showed the same place as the first hit (2mm off in Y from Auto Hit).

I then came around to the other side of the part (Y- side) and did the same thing. Each time the manual hit was 2mm off from DCC Hit. In each case the manual hit was 2mm greater in the Y axis than the DCC Hit regardless of which way the compensation was going.

The only thing that comes to mind at ALL is the thoeretical thickness. I never, ever use that. I hate it. We had a guy in here at one time that did something with that and really screwed some stuff up. 2mm was the value. Like I said, I don't use it. Is there some hidden switch somewhere that tells PC DMIS to use it globally? I see the button on the Auto Feature Window and that is off (I wasn't using Auto Feature anyway).

Anyway, that is all I can think of and it probably is the wrong direction. If anybody can provide any insight as to what might make this happen I would certainly appreciate it.

Bill
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

No, I don't think that thickness is the answer, or the Y value on one side would be smaller than the nominal and the Y on the other side (opposite vector) would be bigger.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment