How to import cad files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to import cad files

Is thier a best way to import CAD from Solid edge software to pc dmis ?
    IGES, parasolid etc ?

Its a personal thing. I like it coming in as a wireframe and surface iges. the wireframe give better size numbers compared to a parasolid. Play with it and see what you like. They both will work. I have never seen a Solid edge sofware before.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

When you mention better size numbers - could you explain? I'm just starting to get involved in this cmm software and don't understand very much at his point. Do you mean that the CAd model comes in with incorrect numbers ?
      How is this situation corrected?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Arnold View Post
        When you mention better size numbers - could you explain? I'm just starting to get involved in this cmm software and don't understand very much at his point. Do you mean that the CAd model comes in with incorrect numbers ?
        How is this situation corrected?
        When you have wire frame it picks that cad on one click. I have seen when I pick up on a solid, I have to use three click on the hole in the solid and then the computer calculates the size. So with wireframe it is exactly the size, say 5mm but with the solid it could be 4.998156 something like that, so then you have to clean up your program so that the report is correct.
        sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
          When you have wire frame it picks that cad on one click. I have seen when I pick up on a solid, I have to use three click on the hole in the solid and then the computer calculates the size. So with wireframe it is exactly the size, say 5mm but with the solid it could be 4.998156 something like that, so then you have to clean up your program so that the report is correct.
          In V3.7 MR3 (and probably others, as well) they have 'added' the HANDY ABILITY to select a hole in a solid surface with a single click! (but NOT always). Same with the round slot. HOWEVER, how much REAL time was saved by this 'enhancement'? How long does it take you to click 3 times on a circle on a solid as opposed to a single click? Not much, I can click pretty fast, and in V3.7 MR3 this 'enhancement' to the round slot quite often causes a power dump (50-50 I would guess) and also quite often (25%, maybe) results in wrong sizes (width AND length). I have not found any place to turn off this 'enhancement' and so I am forced at times to re-create the geometry in a cad package so I can use the 6-click method of selecting a slot. So, time saved? Nope, added time.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment