Will not save coordinates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not save coordinates

I'm running 4.2, I've got some programs written, but when I got to run them, they do not have the coordinates that I put in> Any ideas???????

Originally posted by RoadKill95 View Post
    I'm running 4.2, I've got some programs written, but when I got to run them, they do not have the coordinates that I put in> Any ideas???????
    You need to explain with more detail. What coordinates do you speak of grasshopper?
    sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

Post your code.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

When I wrote the program (offline and V4.1) whatever location of a feature or the moves to get there change. Here's an example;

FRSHRHI =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
        THEO/<1599.4,585,-163.5>,<0,-1,0,18.2
        This is what I programmed, and below is what it reads when I re-open the program and try to run it.

FRSHRHI =FEAT/CONTACT/CIRCLE,CARTESIAN,IN,LEAST_SQR
        THEO/<1620.188,564.83,117.953>,<-0.3096724,0

Comment

Is your alignment changing somehow? Is everything solid?

Did you execute between examples?

Is the first example from the offline station and the second an online station?

Is the scroll lock turned on?
          sigpic GDTPS - 0584

Comment

I have reported this error to the nordic office since two months back. Somehow they didn't believe that it was a PC-DMIS issue, but rather an operator error. They had to send to technicians in order to believe it, the tech's had to experience the bug 'live'. Some support, huh...

However, you must manually enter the nominal values each time you run this program in order to get a correct measurement. This bug are said to have been fixed in one of the later beta's. You can do a correct evaluation using the legacy method as it is not affected by this bug.
            The bug appeared first in v4.2 and have been consistent in each and every release, beta or not, until later.
            PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Originally posted by vpt.se View Post
              I have reported this error to the nordic office since two months back. Somehow they didn't believe that it was a PC-DMIS issue, but rather an operator error. They had to send to technicians in order to believe it, the tech's had to experience the bug 'live'. Some support, huh...

However, you must manually enter the nominal values each time you run this program in order to get a correct measurement. This bug are said to have been fixed in one of the later beta's. You can do a correct evaluation using the legacy method as it is not affected by this bug.
              The bug appeared first in v4.2 and have been consistent in each and every release, beta or not, until later.
              An old method of 'fixing' this lovely enhancement (which has cropped up before, THANK YOU WILCOX!)-(but not for me!) is to make the nominals (THEO) into an equation. Type it in as 0+123.456 for your nominal and (in the older version that did this) it would no longer change those values.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Yeah, have tried that too, but it didn't help. It still messes with the nominals.

EDIT : I am dead tired of the 'fixes' that even tech support suggests - the software is meant to work - period. Apply the same 'fixing procedure' to your car or other stuff and it will get apparent how hilarous the entire thing is (which you all probably already knew).
                Last edited by vpt.se; 07-11-2007, 10:46 AM.
                PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I now have 3.7 loaded on my computer, we'll see if I have better luck with that.

Comment