Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 problem with XP

Hi all,

My O/S is XP and using PCDMIS 4.2 , off and on during runnig the programs, suddenly I got a error message, " A required item is not available" and software Hangs then I have to close and run again the PCDMIS.

Have you seen this? If so, is there any fix to that?

Thanks for any comment

That's been happening since I've been using PCDMIS (v3.7). Set your system settings to "Performance".
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Oh really, I ma using XP recently since my Hard Drive Crashed, Befoire I had Win2000 and 3.7 and No Problem. So it means there is something wrong with XP and PCDMIS

Thank you for help

Comment

Originally posted by TigerShark View Post
        Oh really, I ma using XP recently since my Hard Drive Crashed, Befoire I had Win2000 and 3.7 and No Problem. So it means there is something wrong with XP and PCDMIS

Thank you for help
        Have you installed service pack 2? if so did you install the PC-DMIS hotfix created by MS?
        Find it here....
        http://www.wilcoxassoc.com/support/hotfix.htm
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I find setting it to "Best Performance Mode" a better setting than anything else (XP SP2). The OS uses less memory this way giving more to the apps which are running.

Comment

Thank you all, I did all above, download the fix and set to best performance

Comment