Scans keep going like the Energizer Bunny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scans keep going like the Energizer Bunny

Just wondering if anyone knows why scans keep going after you cancel them. I also noticed that after creating a scan it wants to print out something with invisible ink.
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Originally posted by Underspec View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows why scans keep going after you cancel them. I also noticed that after creating a scan it wants to print out something with invisible ink.
    It could be the amount of data that is already sent to the controller and waiting to be executed.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer my friend is...

Move to 4.2!!!

There are so many little bug type things in 4.1. After reading all the threads here about 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 why would you stay with 4.1? Stubborn?
      If locked by SMA then forgive my rant.
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
        The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. The answer my friend is...

Move to 4.2!!!

There are so many little bug type things in 4.1. After reading all the threads here about 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 why would you stay with 4.1? Stubborn?
        If locked by SMA then forgive my rant.
        Not locked by SMA but by authority
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Sorry there. No answer for you either. Never saw that.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Who's authority? How would they know? We can start a thread and get CMM Programmers to Testify for You. Why V4.1 is bad and you need V4.2
            http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...26/testify.jpg
            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Paul is that you in the picture??
              Time for the Trolls to leave.

Comment

Have you happen to have checked the number of bounday crossings and vectors?

Comment

Originally posted by CGoode View Post
                  Have you happen to have checked the number of bounday crossings and vectors?
                  I could see that if he were executing them from the dialog box, but I didn't mention it because he says they keep going AFTER he clicks on CANCEL, at which point, they SHOULD stop. Executing one from the edit window (after it's creation), I could see running on after cancel if the controller 'held' a lot of hit information in memory, as opposed to the PC holding it and waiting on the controller.

BUT, I have a feeling tht the differences between controllers could be part of the issue. My controller will 'run on' for a few points, after a power-dump (rare occurance, usually when doing something else in the background as well with another major piece of software), but when that happens to me, I always hit the RUN/HOLD button and STOP it from moving, so I have no idea how MANY points it will store in the controller, awaiting execution.
                  sigpic
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I heard Sen. Diane Feinstein introduced legistation to eliminate software problems. Go Liberals.!
                    v2.1 then Hibernated from PcDmis
                    v4.2 mr1 offline only now

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                      I could see that if he were executing them from the dialog box, but I didn't mention it because he says they keep going AFTER he clicks on CANCEL, at which point, they SHOULD stop. Executing one from the edit window (after it's creation), I could see running on after cancel if the controller 'held' a lot of hit information in memory, as opposed to the PC holding it and waiting on the controller.

BUT, I have a feeling tht the differences between controllers could be part of the issue. My controller will 'run on' for a few points, after a power-dump (rare occurance, usually when doing something else in the background as well with another major piece of software), but when that happens to me, I always hit the RUN/HOLD button and STOP it from moving, so I have no idea how MANY points it will store in the controller, awaiting execution.
                      I have a feeling Matt is on the right track here. If I click cancel (I'm not scanning) mine will take a couple to 5-6 more hits before it stops. I'd try pressing (Unlike Matt, I don't hit my machine's buttons ) the run/hold to get the machine to stop moving and then hit cancel. Doing it that way may get it to cancel more quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                        I have a feeling Matt is on the right track here. If I click cancel (I'm not scanning) mine will take a couple to 5-6 more hits before it stops. I'd try pressing (Unlike Matt, I don't hit my machine's buttons ) the run/hold to get the machine to stop moving and then hit cancel. Doing it that way may get it to cancel more quickly.
                        Yeah, you like 'pressing' buttons, that's for sure, and you're pressing a few of MINE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, you like 'pressing' buttons, that's for sure, and you're pressing a few of MINE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
                          Whoa calm down there Matt! You don't want to get mad and HIT the keys on your keyboard too hard. If you do that, you might break them and have to call IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
                            Whoa calm down there Matt! You don't want to get mad and HIT the keys on your keyboard too hard. If you do that, you might break them and have to call IT!
                            That will give them an excuse to come down and calibrate my scroll-lock key.
                            sigpic

Comment

That will give them an excuse to come down and calibrate my scroll-lock key.
                              Ouch! Good one Matt

Scroll lock key!? What kind of cheap non-AMERICAN made keyboard are you using anyway? I did away with that whole scroll-lock issue by throwing out that [email protected] keyboard and getting a quality made in America keyboard. I use a keyboard that I can be proud of because it was made by hard working, budwieser drinking, gas guzzler driving Americans! Now, the foreign companies are starting to imitate the great American keyboard and theirs don't have scroll locks either. Get with the times man.

I suppose I should appologize to Underspec for starting this in his thread.

Comment