V4.2 and less pcdlrn errors; pcdmis unexpectantly shutting down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4.2 and less pcdlrn errors; pcdmis unexpectantly shutting down.

Is it me, or is V4.2 less prone to pcdlrn errors than previous 4.x versions? Since I have changed over in early May, I have not had my programs wiped out! What's up with that??????!!!!! I am slowly starting to get the feeling that I am overdoing it with my daily back-ups.

I can still hang PC-DMIS up, but that is usually due to the normal suspects like copying features and constructions from other programs. The moment I do that, 50% of the time I end up creating trouble. But none of this has wiped my programs yet.

Jan.
    MORE often.
    7.69%
    About the same amount of times.
    3.85%
    LESS often.
    38.46%
    Who Cares.
    11.54%
    I use 3.7MR3 and demand my own private forum site.
    19.23%
    Don't you hate Florida weather?
    11.54%
    I wish I lived in WI.
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

1st good news i've heard about 4.2
    I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
    PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
    PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
      Is it me, or is V4.2 less prone to pcdlrn errors than previous 4.x versions? Since I have changed over in early May, I have not had my programs wiped out! What's up with that??????!!!!! I am slowly starting to get the feeling that I am overdoing it with my daily back-ups.

I can still hang PC-DMIS up, but that is usually due to the normal suspects like copying features and constructions from other programs. The moment I do that, 50% of the time I end up creating trouble. But none of this has wiped my programs yet.

Jan.
      That's why I am up on the soapbox, I think it is a good version. They are preparing an mr that should be even better. Now that I know the new platform I will go a little slower when it comes to 4.3. I here they are doing a compartmented type of layout for the code that will allow for actual patches so that stuff that works stays working and stuff that needs a patch gets fixed. What a concept!!
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post

Jan.
        Yeah, you are over-doing it with daily back-ups. THere is NO NEED for that, Pcdmis is a stable, accurate, headache-free software and all you are doing is wasting resources.

Oh crap, I couldn't keep a straight face while typing that!

You DO KNOW, don't you, that about the time you STOP doing your daily backups you will lose a LOT of your work and be so far beyond 'screwed' that the light from 'screwed' won't get to you for 20 or 30 years.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I crash once a day, but that is nothing like 3.2. I'm good here.

G
          sigpic

Comment