V4.2: How to save a new report template inside a program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V4.2: How to save a new report template inside a program

I have successfully created a new report template (called TEXTONLYFORCALIBRATION.RTP) and successfully modified it. No big deal. I saved it and it shows up in the list of useable templates under the Templates Selection Dialog. I was also able to change from the default one to the new one in my program and it did what I asked it to do. Looked great until that point.

However, here is the issue: if I save my program and close PC-DMIS and then get back in and re-call my program, it ALWAYS reverts to the default TEXTONLY.RTP. When I use AUTOPRINT, it will only use TEXTONLY.RTP. I can not get PC-DMIS to use my new template, unless I re-open the program and select this my new template through the Templates Selection Dialog.

How can I make sure that for my program, PC-DMIS pulls up the correct RTP file? Not always the default one!

Thanks, Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
    I have successfully created a new report template (called TEXTONLYFORCALIBRATION.RTP) and successfully modified it. No big deal. I saved it and it shows up in the list of useable templates under the Templates Selection Dialog. I was also able to change from the default one to the new one in my program and it did what I asked it to do. Looked great until that point.

However, here is the issue: if I save my program and close PC-DMIS and then get back in and re-call my program, it ALWAYS reverts to the default TEXTONLY.RTP. When I use AUTOPRINT, it will only use TEXTONLY.RTP. I can not get PC-DMIS to use my new template, unless I re-open the program and select this my new template through the Templates Selection Dialog.

How can I make sure that for my program, PC-DMIS pulls up the correct RTP file? Not always the default one!

Thanks, Jan.
    Wait for an MR, I am SURE they will fix these annoying little issues!
    Sorry Jan, but YOU are the one that got me started on the 4-heads the other day, so I guess its time for a little pay-back!

Buuuaaaahhhhhhh!

BTW- Don't you ALWAYS want the default? I thought that was a standard, I am sure that I read that somewhere!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Jan, what happens if you click on the 4th icon(next to the print icon) in the report window? this should set your report to the default for that program. I think you may need to do this for each individual program.
      Mike

edit: you may need to add the report to the tool bar 1st. I believe it is the 5th icon in the report window tool bar.
      I hope this helps.
      Last edited by mhesse; 07-10-2007, 10:21 AM. Reason: adding comment
      Global FX 7-10-7
      Global Silver 7-10-7
      Microval PFX
      PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

Jan,
        What mhesse said, but also, if you want to use this for only that program keep in mind the fact that you can create a custom report for the program to. Hope that is more help than not.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

THANKS MIKE. THAT'S IT. As usual, pilot error.

THREAD RESOLVED!!!!

OK Hoedeman, hi-jack away!!!!!

Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            Wait for an MR, I am SURE they will fix these annoying little issues!
            Sorry Jan, but YOU are the one that got me started on the 4-heads the other day, so I guess its time for a little pay-back!

Buuuaaaahhhhhhh!

BTW- Don't you ALWAYS want the default? I thought that was a standard, I am sure that I read that somewhere!

I know you love your antique road stuff. Us 4-heads just keep looking for more pain and new and exciting challenges.

Just to let you know: I am starting to think that V4.2 is indeed a version that is worth considering. 4.0 was bad. 4.1 was quite workable. 4.2 is doing much better for me right now.

Jan.

Comment

Jan, I agree 4.2 is pretty stable and seems to be working quite well. the only thing that it dose to me every time is in dimensioning a distance between 2 lines offline and I try to choose the 1st line feature in the cad graphics window I have an instant pcmdis error report. It could be my graphics card since I am using a ge-force card. but otherwise I would not go back to any older version.
              Mike
              Global FX 7-10-7
              Global Silver 7-10-7
              Microval PFX
              PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                I know you love your antique road stuff. Us 4-heads just keep looking for more pain and new and exciting challenges.

Just to let you know: I am starting to think that V4.2 is indeed a version that is worth considering. 4.0 was bad. 4.1 was quite workable. 4.2 is doing much better for me right now.

Jan.
                Give The Ho dee man a break he just upped himself from 3.2063 like last year. Right Matty?
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment