Changing Out of Tolerence Arrow/Line on Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Out of Tolerence Arrow/Line on Reports

Anyone happen to remember how to change the size of the out of tolerence arrows on reports?

For some reason the arrows appear like ---#---- in 4.1
    but look like ----------#---------- in 4.2 and I'd like to make them smaller again.

I tried copying the report template from 4.1 to 4.2 but it didn't fix the issue, and I couldn't find anything in the settings editor that seemed like it would fix it.

Thanks.
    Who am I, where am I, what's going on?

It may be in your tolerance zones.
    go to Edit on the tool bar, then Graphics display, then dimension color, and there is an area in that window that is: Number of tolerance zones. this is the number that has possibly changed, it looks like it was 8 in 4.1 and is now 22 or so in 4.2? it controls the number of dashes in the report window.
    I hope this helps.
    Mike
    Last edited by mhesse; 07-09-2007, 05:53 PM. Reason: typos
    Global FX 7-10-7
    Global Silver 7-10-7
    Microval PFX
    PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

mhesse, how do I get the old style to work in 4.2? thanks
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Paul
        I believe it is by right clicking on the report in a blank white area and choosing text only when that window pops up. I'll check in the morning when I'm back at work. and give more detailed instructions if I can remember how to do it.
        Mike
        Global FX 7-10-7
        Global Silver 7-10-7
        Microval PFX
        PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

Paul, to get a report that looks like the 3.7 and previous style report. you will need to right click in the "white" area of the "text only" report. You will need to be pretty close to the edge of the border. Note: you need to be outside the blue border. It will most likely pop-up a little message by your cursor that says "textreportobject1" if you stop moving the mouse for a second. when you right click you will get a few choices, Choose: Edit object. This will open a window that has a check box for Use text mode reporting. Check this box and you will have the "old" style of reporting.

I'm pretty sure if you use this style of report you can not use the new dimensioning, you must use legacy dimensioning.
          I hope this helps
          Mike
          Global FX 7-10-7
          Global Silver 7-10-7
          Microval PFX
          PC-DMIS 2012 mr1

Comment

Alright, my 4head is so RED and Sore. I found it, when I view the report and click on the Template selection dialog, I had to add it to my Report Template Window. Then click on it, and it changed on the screen. The new bells and whisles are nice, cool looking " Wall Paper"

Again why something so easy was made so difficult is beyond me. I tried giving these new flashy reports to my guys and some engineers we are building our die for, they do not like it. And wanted the old style back. They asked why B&S changed it, I told them they must have Invested in the Printer Ink Industry because as far as I am concerned the new style is just one BIG waste of ink and money.

Thanks for all the help.
            sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
              Alright, my 4head is so RED and Sore. I found it, when I view the report and click on the Template selection dialog, I had to add it to my Report Template Window. Then click on it, and it changed on the screen. The new bells and whisles are nice, cool looking " Wall Paper"

Again why something so easy was made so difficult is beyond me. I tried giving these new flashy reports to my guys and some engineers we are building our die for, they do not like it. And wanted the old style back. They asked why B&S changed it, I told them they must have Invested in the Printer Ink Industry because as far as I am concerned the new style is just one BIG waste of ink and money.

Thanks for all the help.
              As far as I can tell, the ONLY reason for the 'new style reporting' is ALL OF US complained about the screwed up OLD way of reporting (no margin adjustments, FONT size not actually being what you tell it in Pcdmis, the B&S header garbage showing up whether you wanted it or not when using 'show header', and all those other little issues) so they 'removed' the reporting, added a VB (more or less) application and dumped it in OUR laps to deal with. Basically, trickle-down software development.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment