Memory Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Error

Morning all, hope someone here can help me out with this problem as its driving me round the bend. On Friday 2 of the 5 CMM's I work on started getting memory errors on programs that have been running for a number of weeks.

Sometimes this error results in PC Dmis shutting down with the program still being intact, other times when you re-open the program, you get the dreaded serialisation error with half my program missing.

I have attached a screen dump, any1 else seen this before ?
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Ignore the above, I posted this before doing a search of the forum. I have found the solution in an earlier thread.

Note to myself : Search for solution first, post second
    sigpic

Comment

Note to all: the search function of this forum is so-so at best. Sometimes the best way to search is to carefully craft the title of your post starting a new thread and then scroll to the bottom of the screen and see what similar threads the forum pulled up for you. Many times you can find something this way when the search box fails you. And of course as Jon did, please let us know when you have resolved your issue so we can get on to important topics like WHISKEY!
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Thanks for the tip Wes, I just need to remember to use it BEFORE posting a new thread next time

PS - Hasn't crashed since I applied the hotfix so hopefully issue resolved........onto the Whiskey now then
        sigpic

Comment

Jon,

As Wes mentioned, the actual search function is weak. Starting a thread works much better based on the thread titles. Also, new solutions (and multiple ones) get posted at times.

Beer Here!

John
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jon_dav_uk View Post
            Morning all, hope someone here can help me out with this problem as its driving me round the bend. On Friday 2 of the 5 CMM's I work on started getting memory errors on programs that have been running for a number of weeks.

Sometimes this error results in PC Dmis shutting down with the program still being intact, other times when you re-open the program, you get the dreaded serialisation error with half my program missing.

I have attached a screen dump, any1 else seen this before ?
            I have seen this. It is not related to the hotfix. I am seeing this in 4.2 build date of 06-12-07 and I have the had the hotfix installed since it was introduced. it is some sort of bug. I cannot reproduce it so I have not reported it (it happens sporadically). I have not had it destroy a program though I must say.
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Think you might be right James, its just happened yet again. I have a program which runs for approx 30 minutes and it happens on various features but always in the last 5 minutes.

Its so annoying as its random and I cannot spot what is causing it, may just have to bite the bullet and start that particular program again.

Either way its a few beers to chill out when I eventually get home tonight
              sigpic

Comment

This problem is driving me absolutely crazy.

I now get this error about 9 times out of 10 when writing a program online or part running / editing programs online. I have 5 machines and it happens predominantly on only 2 of them.

However I have succesfully managed to replicate the problem 100% of the time which may help someone from Wilcox to fix this.

Details of this below

PC Dmis v3.7MR3
                Global Performance 7-10-7
                Windows XP Service Pack 2
                TP25M Scanning Module
                2GB RAM
                CAD File Size < 2MB

Program is a series of auto points and linear open scans. To get the memory error I simply have to stop the program midway through a scan and select NO when prompted by PC Dmis. This will return me to the program, if I then hit CTRL+S to save, try to close the program or even re-run the program it will give the error as attached. Next time I open this program it will then be missing about the last 30% of the code.

When running programs without stopping or programming online I may get this message once every few hours. This however causes major problems as after I go home and the operators are runnin the machine, they are effectively stopped until I get in the next morn when I have to overwrite their version of the program with my meticulously saved backups.

I have been on the phone to Hexagon today for hours and other than the hotfix (which does not work), desktop themes and wallpaper which I dont use they cannot offer any advice.

I know a few people get this problem also but does anyone have it this bad ?

PS - If anyone from Wilcox wants further details just drop me a PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Jon, is there any differences between the systems that do and dont crash, such as virtual memory setups, video cards, video card driver dates. This sounds like a hardware issue(pcdmis should still be more forgiving than crashing).
                  Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment