FORMS editting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FORMS editting

Anyone have a clue as to how to use CAD in a FORM? I go to the CADIMAGE OBJECT and insert it into a FORM and all I get is the HEXAGON block. If we manufactured HEXAGON blocks that would be nice, but, we don't so I need to use my CAD model. Any ideas? See link below.

EXAMPLE
    sigpic

James Mannes

I have played with this a little. What goes into the Form when you select the CadImage is whatever is displayed on you Graphics screen.
    Do you have that Block loaded in your graphics screen?
    B. Jacobs
    B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
      I have played with this a little. What goes into the Form when you select the CadImage is whatever is displayed on you Graphics screen.
      Do you have that Block loaded in your graphics screen?
      Nope, I have my own CAD model of an HD transmission cover .
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

I am not sure then. Thought I could help.
        I know mine just loads whatever is on my graphics screen.
        B. Jacobs
        B&S Global 12.15.10

Comment

Have you executed the form? Mine shows the BS block when I build the form, but when I execute it it shows an image from my CAD file.
          Saving the world, one bad part at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by EHines View Post
            Have you executed the form? Mine shows the BS block when I build the form, but when I execute it it shows an image from my CAD file.
            I'm trying that right now. I actually opened up the HELP file. What a concept huh?
            sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

James got Hog parts.

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
              Nope, I have my own CAD model of an HD transmission cover .

hmmm...

Hey James,

Billet tranny covers for all your friends? Is it your model, can you share?

G
              sigpic

Comment

When I said mine I guess I meant the companies.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Originally posted by EHines View Post
                  Ok, I executed the program from the point of the FORM insertion. I got the correct CAD to show up (I did this previously and it didn't work; though at that point I was offline).

Anyways my next question would be how can I insert dimension information into the form? I know look at the help file. Just thoughnt I would write back and say that the original issue is resolved.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Hi James.

As I understand it the main way of inserting dimension (or other) information into a Form is to use a parameter to change the Text property of a Text object inside your form using the FORM/FILENAME command:

For example:

ASSIGN/V1=LOC1.X.MEAS
                    CS2 =FORM/FILENAME= D:\PARTPROGRAMS\TESTFORM.FORM, AUTOPRINT=NO
                    PARAM/TEXT1.TEXT=V1
                    PARAM/=
                    ENDFORM/

Alternately, inside your form, in a Text object, you can change the Text property to:

=VARIABLE("V1")

The value of V1 will be the value of the Text object.
                    Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
                    [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

Thanks for the response Jared. I thought would be the one to answer. I don't know that I really need to do this as I look at the situation now. I tried the CADTEXT option for the template choice and that seemed to be ok. I also knew I could do a viewset and then shoot out a screen capture. Just trying out different stuff.
                      Again thanks.
                      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment