reporting results of a basic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reporting results of a basic

I have some basic dimension that I want to report but they show up in red because there is not olerence's. Is there a way to have them show with out being in red besides putting in tolerences?

B&S Global Image 3.7 mr2
    Since I gave up hope I feel much better !!!

I think you can change font colors so that they won't show up red. The only problem with that is that anything else that is out of tolerance won't show up red either.

I put a comment in before the basic dims. "The following dimension is a basic dimension - tolerance is applied by using dimension..."

Comment

I always put some ridiculous tolerances in for basic dims so they won't show up red. Like for a basic dim of 45mm I would put 20mm tolerance
      sigpic

Comment

You could report as TP & delete out the DF & TP readings
        sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

I will try it out bob. I was going trying the color change or ridculious tol specs I figured I would ask first in case there was something I was missing. I guess B&S figure everthing has a tolerence :-)
          Of course we have had a few customers put down basic dimensions and then tell us the want it controlled by tolerences.

Comment

Wbs.

G
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ken379128 View Post
              Of course we have had a few customers put down basic dimensions and then tell us the want it controlled by tolerences.
              Glad you know that your customer is wrong to ask for this. Basic dimensions are untoleranced.

Having said that, I have been asked before too. And if trying to change their minds is pointless and they demand to see some sort of print-out for the basics, I would do what Andy did and enter some humongous number. Just to make sure it NEVER shows OUTTOL.

Jan.
              PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
              Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Make SURE the Basic Dim is not controlled by a Feature Control Frame OR a Note. Many times I you will find a CYA Note that tells you what to do with Basic Dims that are uncontrolled. You will see some generic FCF telling you the tolerance for all Basic dims to Round Features of Size is one tolerance. All other Basci are another tolerance or some other statement like that.

When there is absolutely NO control over a Basic Dim then it really is incomplete and the Customer should fix the print. Otherwise I also do what Cinci Andy does and put some ridiculous tolerance in there.
                Bill Jarrells
                A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Been there done that too many times that CYA game is an oldy but a goody in this here parts
                  Last edited by Ken379128; 07-06-2007, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Good point Ken379128. I have often seen a catch all in the notes - usually a profile callout for all untoleranced dimensions.

On a lighter note I had a customer ask me why I had not toleranced the 'BOX' dimensions. His accent was that of a nasal-high-pitched-southern-type, which for me, only added to the humor.
                    Happy friday
                    Vegetables are what food eats

Here be the cards I was dealt
                    B&S Xcel
                    PC-DMIS 2011 We are all just beta testers

Comment