X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.2 Legacy Reports Text Only

All,
    Having trouble with Legacy Dims in 4.2.
    Edit / Preferences / Edit Window Layout does not work the same. In that window there used to be a Report Tab where I was able to mark a box telling PC DMIS to Use Text Mode Dimension Reporting. I can't seem to find this in 4.2 but I know it is there.
    Any healp?
    Bill
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Right-click directly on the whitespace background of the Report window and choose Edit from the popup menu. You should be able to modify what appears in the window there.
    Jared Hess - Techwriter @ WAI
    [View Reporting Tutorials Here]

Comment

That is what I thought. But, it doesn't show up there either. All I get is edit object and a bunch of stuff I don't want. Is there another way in?
      Bill Jarrells
      A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
        That is what I thought. But, it doesn't show up there either. All I get is edit object and a bunch of stuff I don't want. Is there another way in?
        Move closer up towards the HEADER In the REPORT window. Jared you beat me to the answer!!
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Sorry James.

Wingman, yeah you hit on one part of the reporting design that certainly could be improved. Sometimes it's difficult to get the right context for the right-click Edit item. If you click directly on the labels in the Report window you'll get options for modifying that label. I suggest going right to the very bottom of your report where the last text exists and right-clicking just below that (on the light-colored tinted green background that sometimes appears). Good luck!

Comment

Thanks guys. What a pain in the butt, huh?
            Bill Jarrells

Comment

I think using 'default.rtp' will also generate a report in text mode.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
                Sorry James.

Wingman, yeah you hit on one part of the reporting design that certainly could be improved. Sometimes it's difficult to get the right context for the right-click Edit item. If you click directly on the labels in the Report window you'll get options for modifying that label. I suggest going right to the very bottom of your report where the last text exists and right-clicking just below that (on the light-colored tinted green background that sometimes appears). Good luck!
                I just starded using 4.2, and found out that even having header/footer checked it won't show on the report (OUT OF TOL #= TIME 00:00:00 etc). Any clue?

TIA.
                sigpicIt's corona time!
                737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto View Post
                  I just starded using 4.2, and found out that even having header/footer checked it won't show on the report (OUT OF TOL #= TIME 00:00:00 etc). Any clue?

TIA.
                  Roberto, Go HERE for an example of the textonly.rpt that has many items you asked about included.
                  sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

This information is also discussed in your 4.2 help file in the "Modifying a Report's Header" topic.

Comment

Originally posted by JaredHess View Post
                      This information is also discussed in your 4.2 help file in the "Modifying a Report's Header" topic.
                      Thanks James and Jared,
                      I'll give it a try.
                      Going from 3.5 to 4.2 is a big change

God day!
                      sigpicIt's corona time!
                      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment