Paste with Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste with Pattern

How accurate or does Paste with Pattern pick up the cad nominals?

Thanks in Advance,
    A.Gore
    sigpicA.Gore

Yes it picks up the CAD nominals and is a great tool and time saver. I use it all the time.
    v2010 CAD ++ Global Image 121510

Comment

Originally posted by Addison Wood View Post
      Yes it picks up the CAD nominals and is a great tool and time saver. I use it all the time.
      And for angles on Bolt circles is great too.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

2018 R1: gosh darn I'm having a hard time with PwP today. It simply won't pattern the movepoints correctly. sheesh
        Che Guevara is a communist scumbag.

Comment

it'll change y, z but not x

Comment

• BKulpa
            BKulpa commented
            Editing a comment
            It's dependent on your work plane.

I use 2015.1 and this happens to me sometimes. I gave up and just manually redo the move points when it happens

Comment

Move increments don't wig out like the move points do... clearplanes are also pretty solid, lol.

Comment

BIGWIG7 - report it please, if you are doing it according to the help file instructions and still doesn't work.
              PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment

will do

Comment

Is there something I'm missing when using this function? We've used this function for some time in lieu of the scanning modules and have never seen it pick up the CAD Nominal.

We have any number of curved/domed surfaces that we "Paste w/ Pattern" an Auto Vector Point that is used to interrogate the curvature of a surface in one axis. Sure the X or Y axis changes based on what the pattern offset value was set to but I've never seen it pick up a Z value from the CAD. Z values have always stayed as set on the initial point.

Comment

Originally posted by jpesaturo View Post
                    Is there something I'm missing when using this function? We've used this function for some time in lieu of the scanning modules and have never seen it pick up the CAD Nominal.

We have any number of curved/domed surfaces that we "Paste w/ Pattern" an Auto Vector Point that is used to interrogate the curvature of a surface in one axis. Sure the X or Y axis changes based on what the pattern offset value was set to but I've never seen it pick up a Z value from the CAD. Z values have always stayed as set on the initial point.

No, you're not missing anything.

Paste with pattern simply patterns the feature theoreticals as defined in the copied section of code. If you're copying scans with Find Noms on then upon execution it will look for the nearest CAD nominals. I have to be honest in saying I don't know quite how this will work if you've selected specific surfaces in the original scan, I assume it will look for the nominals in the original scan and give a 'cannot find nominals' type error.

By the way, this is a quite old thread which has been resurrected with a not really related issue (other than it involves PwP), the original responses aren't really correct.

Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBadger View Post

No, you're not missing anything.

Paste with pattern simply patterns the feature theoreticals as defined in the copied section of code. If you're copying scans with Find Noms on then upon execution it will look for the nearest CAD nominals. I have to be honest in saying I don't know quite how this will work if you've selected specific surfaces in the original scan, I assume it will look for the nominals in the original scan and give a 'cannot find nominals' type error.

By the way, this is a quite old thread which has been resurrected with a not really related issue (other than it involves PwP), the original responses aren't really correct.

Fair enough ... I had noticed it was from 07' but the topic was something I'm honestly interested in and there were a half dozen others before me so I'll play oblivious.

In the grand scheme it's not something that's a deal breaker, we've done it that way for a long time now. I guess if it "ain't broke"... I just have a hard time letting things go as I've always believed the old adage of "It's the way it's always been done" is simply a copout.

Thank you for the heads up anyhow ... Always appreciated

Comment