No Hyperlinks for programs???!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Hyperlinks for programs???!?

Back in simpler times, (V3.7), I could add pictures of set-ups at the beginning of the programs in PC-DMIS that showed the operators how to place the parts to be checked and where to take the hits for DCC alignment. Now that we have moved into the 21st century with V4.1, I find that this is no longer a viable option. Does anyone know of a way to embed pictures into the programs that will appear on screen as the program runs??
    Steven69
    sigpic

Gday,
    Not too sure on the inserting of pics of set up , but if you want to insert a screen grab of where to take your manual hits proir to the Cmm going off and doing dcc alignment this can be done quite easily. If your programming to a cad model that is. Just take your manual hits in desired locations and do your initial alignment.then put the cursor up at the start of the prog just B4 the first hit.Now look at your Graphics window and Rotate model so you can see all you manual alignment hits then create view set (insert / report command etc) then recall view set (same toolbar).Then go operations/Graphics display window/Screen capture to report. When you execute prog from start prior to doing your manual alignment your report window will give you a screen grab of your manual alignment hits.As for a fixture pic we usually create a set up sheet which has a photograph of the set up and a screen grab of the alignment.Hope this helps.
    the_cougar.JPG
    The Cougar

Comment

Well, don't feel bad. I have the same question as of today. I am new to the software and very new to the cmm, but, we have an additional sheffield with measure max, and the original programmer did not have actual pictures. What he did have was a screen with individual icons ( large per say) describing the part # and operation of the component as it was manufactured. All the operator has to do is click on the icon, as they program starts and shows a visual wire frame of the part. As it checks the part , the actual measurements are displayed on the screen relative to the wireframe, showing the operator where the part is being checked. Really nice feature for the operator.
      I have not got too far into the software, but I would think you would be able set up something for visual aid. ( I hope so on our behalf at our shop). This question can be surely answered by the pros on this site. I would think you could hyper link in such information and tie it together, but I have not got that far.
      I will be watching this post, as I could use the same help.
      The guru's will chime in shortly and help as always. That's what makes this site flow. ( not to mention your knowledge)
      I don't feel tardy!sigpic
      B&S "One" V4.2
      Discovery D-12 V4.2

Comment

Originally posted by Steven69 View Post
        Back in simpler times, (V3.7), I could add pictures of set-ups at the beginning of the programs in PC-DMIS that showed the operators how to place the parts to be checked and where to take the hits for DCC alignment. Now that we have moved into the 21st century with V4.1, I find that this is no longer a viable option. Does anyone know of a way to embed pictures into the programs that will appear on screen as the program runs??
        Look Here, maybe this is what you want
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

The same type of info can be processed via the "FORM'. Go to VIEW>FORM EDITOR, and you can create anything you want; same as HYPER-REPORT. And then when done INSERT>FORM will complete your task.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment