Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repetition Pattern

Good Morning,
    I know that this has been gone over, but I really don't have the time to research and search it out.
    I have a circular plate with teeth like a geer. I need to measure the angle on each tooth and distance etc.
    Now, my question is, how can I do like a CNC Canned cycle with the CMM? Or is it even possible, I know I copy and paiste, F9 click on the cad, etc,,,,,but I was just wondering if there was a copy/rotation angle or something.

Thanks In Advance,
    A.Gore
    sigpicA.Gore

Paste with pattern or a loop. Loop is less lines of code.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I'd use a loop.

TK
      sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Loop gives you more control over feature names etc. Paste with pattern works great though. Will even do probe articulations if you need them.
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Hello,
          I'm not familiar with paste with pattern,,,so attempting looping now, I've used looping for cpk runs,,,,the whole prg,,,,but this is the first for the angular move,,,,so far looks cool,,,,just fine tuning now,,,,thanks everyone.
          sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Originally posted by ag162 View Post
            Hello,
            I'm not familiar with paste with pattern,,,so attempting looping now, I've used looping for cpk runs,,,,the whole prg,,,,but this is the first for the angular move,,,,so far looks cool,,,,just fine tuning now,,,,thanks everyone.
            If you ever decide to look at Paste With Pattern I think you will like it. I love it. Simply:
            1) Copy the code you want to pattern (move point to gear tooth, meas tooth, move point out)
            2) Edit Pattern. Type in the angular offset and number of times to rotate.
            3) Paste with pattern.

All the teeth are created automatically.
            Bill Jarrells
            A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wingman View Post
              If you ever decide to look at Paste With Pattern I think you will like it. I love it. Simply:
              1) Copy the code you want to pattern (move point to gear tooth, meas tooth, move point out)
              2) Edit Pattern. Type in the angular offset and number of times to rotate.
              3) Paste with pattern.

All the teeth are created automatically.
              ONE this you MUST remember, the pattern WILL BE centered at XYZ zero. I have long thought (and posted this thought) that it would be nice if YOU, the OPERATOR, could select the point (or XYZ values) for teh pattern 'origin' WITHOUT the need to make extra alignments in the program to do so.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                ONE this you MUST remember, the pattern WILL BE centered at XYZ zero. I have long thought (and posted this thought) that it would be nice if YOU, the OPERATOR, could select the point (or XYZ values) for teh pattern 'origin' WITHOUT the need to make extra alignments in the program to do so.
                Hmmm, I've never tried this and don't have time right now...

If you create a move point and an autofeature and then say another move point... If you want to paste that with pattern, and say it is centered around pnt1...

what would happen if you change the move points and autofeature nominals to read

move/point pnt1.x+1,pnt1.y+1,0

etc, etc.

I wonder if that would create the pattern around pnt1 as desired without an alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
                  I'd use a loop.

TK
                  I'd use paste with pattern But T & I both like BEER
                  sigpicRegards,
                  Donald Henger
                  B&S Micro Excel Pfx
                  3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
                  PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
                  Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

I like the Paste with Pattern route. Use it all the time.
                    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                      I like the Paste with Pattern route. Use it all the time.
                      Yeah, I would rather use pattern tha loop. NOT because I don't 'get-it' for the loop, but because I don't want 357 points all with the same feature ID with a bracket after each one with a number in it.
                      Gimme unique feature ID's, or give me death!
                      sigpic
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Ok,,,here is my verdict!

After trying both ways,,,,it is my decision that:
                        Paste with Pattern is better.
                        My reasoning behind it is that,,,as I thought with looping,,,,,at the end,,the only way to see the results is to print,,because any loop pattern only yields the pattern result.
                        Both will work,,,but paste with pattern gives you more flexibility AND unique feature id's.
                        Thanks everyone!!!

A.Gore
                        sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Originally posted by ag162 View Post
                          Ok,,,here is my verdict!

After trying both ways,,,,it is my decision that:
                          Paste with Pattern is better.
                          My reasoning behind it is that,,,as I thought with looping,,,,,at the end,,the only way to see the results is to print,,because any loop pattern only yields the pattern result.
                          Both will work,,,but paste with pattern gives you more flexibility AND unique feature id's.
                          Thanks everyone!!!

A.Gore
                          ANd the unique ID's are VERY important for statistical purposes. Sure, Datapge DOES sort them with the brackets, but it is ugly and then there are always those questions, "Why do they all ahve the same ID, what's with the brackets, etc."
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd use the loop from years of experience, paste with pattern is something I never had available to me before without copy / paste / edit (too much edit). Perhaps there's an advantage with the demon one over the other. As for the loop, I like the simplicity of the few lines of code.

Whatever trips your trigger

TK
                            sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Paste with Pattern

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                              the pattern WILL BE centered at XYZ zero. I have long thought (and posted this thought) that it would be nice if YOU, the OPERATOR, could select the point (or XYZ values) for teh pattern 'origin' WITHOUT the need to make extra alignments in the program to do so.
                              I am working on creating diminishing concentric circles (vision Probe) to create 200 0r so points on a 3" diameter plate (hockey puck). Having searched paste with pattern, I wind up with the points either performing exactly as I want or drifting off the grid, as you say It works best if I create multiple alignments, has anyone found a fix for that?

Joe

Comment