Allow Fine Tuning Of Alignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow Fine Tuning Of Alignment

Does this behave 'exactly' as stated in help file? Are there any caveats to turning it on or off?
    Bill Jarrells
    A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Turn it on and leave it on. From what I have been able to figure out:

1) It applies to 3-2-1 (cad=part) alignments
    2) It allows you to make small adjustments to the offset values of the alignment and conciders them ALL as 'major' adjustments, and thus asks you IF you want to update all the commands that follow.
    3) If it is NOT turned on, small adjsutments (how small, I can not tell you for sure) will NOT prompt the update warning, but I do NOT know if Pcdmis then does NOT update or if ti DOES update.

Better safe than sorry, is my reason for leaving it on, I WANT THAT PROMPT, I do not want it left to Pcdmis to decide whether to update or not.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Wingman,
      I have wondered this myself. It says that this changes ONLY machine to part transformations when selected. When deselected it will not allow the transformations to happen. According to the help file it will still prompt you for alignment updates but will not do machine to part transformations it considers necessary. Who knows exactly what it means. I have always been afraid to turn it off. Any help from the B&S or Hexagon guys on here?
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I was hoping to get some definitive data but . . . . .
        Bill Jarrells
        A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment