dimensioning help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimensioning help?

How do I find the minimum and maximum distance of a series of points from a datum surface?

Thanks in advance.

What version are you using Jeff? Please fill out the User CP fileds, that would be helpful.

You can do this by dimensioning every point individually. Let's say you are looking for a deviation in Z. So what you would do is load ALL these Z deviations in an array and then use the MIN and MAX functions to find the smallest and the largest deviation.

Here's an example:
    Code:
                ASSIGN/VA1 = PLSH10F3MARKEDA.HIT[1..PLSH10F3MARKEDA.NUMHITS].Z
                COMMENT/REPT,"Max: "+ MAX(VA1)+"; Min: "+MIN(VA1)

Jan
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Will fill out the fields, and will try your suggestion.
      I'm using ver. 3.7 rev.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Andresen View Post
        Thanks for the response. Will fill out the fields, and will try your suggestion.
        I'm using ver. 3.7 rev.2
        I would suggeat, if possible, that you move up to V3.7 MR3 if you are having ANY recurrent issues, MR3 is (marginally) better than MR2.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Actually, I'm alittle afraid to change the software in any way. It was quite awhile before we were able to get some productivity from PC-DMIS. As you know, in addition to learning the software you must learn ALL of the work-arounds. The salesman was here several weeks ago. He only comes in when wants to show the machine to potential customers. He wanted to upgrade the software to 4.1. I almost ran him out of the building!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Andresen View Post
            Actually, I'm alittle afraid to change the software in any way. It was quite awhile before we were able to get some productivity from PC-DMIS. As you know, in addition to learning the software you must learn ALL of the work-arounds. The salesman was here several weeks ago. He only comes in when wants to show the machine to potential customers. He wanted to upgrade the software to 4.1. I almost ran him out of the building!
            We upgraded to 3.73 and I have to tell you the jury is still out on whether I believe it is better than 3.72 or not (Sheffield Cordax RS-115). I have had an increase in problems over 3.72. It may not actually be a 3.73 thing. It may turn out to be an operator thing. But, the inceident rate went up and the trust went down.

Most everyone will say 3.73 is more stable and reliable, especially on a sheffield, but I am not yet convinced of that.
            Bill Jarrells
            A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

I can tell you right now what prompted me to move to 3.7mr3 from mr2.

Autoplanes - I have used a lot of autoplanes in my programming. Before mr3 if you wrote program 1 with a radial autoplane and then saved and closed it then wrote program 2 with a square autoplane and then saved and closed it, when you opened program 1 again it would have automatically changed to a square autoplane and CRASH! 3.7 mr3 was fixed so that it doesn't change back and forth.

I have found mr3 to be more stable and I get kicked out less often - it still happens about once a week instead of once or twice per day. It is my belief that stability is highly dependent on your particular computer setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan d. View Post
                What version are you using Jeff? Please fill out the User CP fileds, that would be helpful.

You can do this by dimensioning every point individually. Let's say you are looking for a deviation in Z. So what you would do is load ALL these Z deviations in an array and then use the MIN and MAX functions to find the smallest and the largest deviation.

Here's an example:
                Code:
                            ASSIGN/VA1 = PLSH10F3MARKEDA.HIT[1..PLSH10F3MARKEDA.NUMHITS].Z
                            COMMENT/REPT,"Max: "+ MAX(VA1)+"; Min: "+MIN(VA1)

Jan
                Can you provide the 'code' for reporting the min / max of a series of angles?
                In other words, I just reported 10 different (measured) angles, but the boss doesn't want to search the list; he
                just wants to know the high and the low. How do I write the code for reporting the min and max of the previously reported angles?

Comment

Working...
                X