Turn a Scan into Surface Cad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn a Scan into Surface Cad

With my new scanning head I can get an ungodly amount of points. UG came in and are trying to see if they have a program to change a scan into a surface Cad Model. Something like a cloud scan. Does anyone out there have anything that works.
    sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Hmmm,

The Pc-Dmis "Construct Surface" Macro doesn't work? My present company hasn't had a need for "prototyping" yet with the new 4.2 abilities.
    I always export my scans as splines and surface them in mastercam. I do a lot of transposing and translating objects to planes, some created planes too, to get the rough draft of what we are prototyping.

G

what does metris use?
    sigpic

Comment

The Pcdmis SURFACE CONSTRUCT needs (MUST HAVE) patch scans to work, no other scans will work for it. Geomagic does a very good job of turning point clouds into surfaces. It is MADE for point clouds (really!) and handles them much better than every other software I have seen, ESPECIALLY when you start getting above 250,000 points. Geo has no problems with millions (and millions and millions) of points.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
        The Pcdmis SURFACE CONSTRUCT needs (MUST HAVE) patch scans to work, no other scans will work for it. Geomagic does a very good job of turning point clouds into surfaces. It is MADE for point clouds (really!) and handles them much better than every other software I have seen, ESPECIALLY when you start getting above 250,000 points. Geo has no problems with millions (and millions and millions) of points.

Geomagic thats it!!!

WMS

G
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
          I hear Carl Sagan
          Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
          sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
          Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by bob mappes View Post
            I hear Carl Sagan
            Carl is my Cad Departments biggest fear, they want less points not more, am scanning a patch right now, and see what I get as a surface.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sarrach View Post
              Carl is my Cad Departments biggest fear, they want less points not more, am scanning a patch right now, and see what I get as a surface.

I tried to make the scan into a surface it kicked me out. I know I should of saved it, but I did not

Kicking myself

Stilll kicking myself

Comment