Concetricity Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concetricity Help

How do I get Concentricity to report correctly?

I'll check a diameter and report it's location which may show out .002 in "X" and .001 in "Y". Then I'll immediately report the concentricity and it will show "0".

What am I doing wrong? This should be a 'no brainer', yeah?

3.7 MR2

Thanks in advance.
    Your life is happening, Participate!

Are you only checking 1 diameter. I believe that concentricity must be called with 2 circles. As in concentricity of 1 circle to another

Comment

Well, are you choosing 2 features? Feature first and datum second?

Comment

You can choose 1 only if you have an origin set already. If not you will have to choose two concentric features.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

My part is aligned. I have a plane leveled, a line rotated and an origin.

Then I have Datum -A- diameter and all diameters on a common centerline must be concentric within .005

Datum -A- is my origin and the diameter directly above it (which is on the same "X" and "Y" axis) reports out a little in "X" and "Y". However, when I choose "Concentricity", highlight my diameter then hightlight my Origin = I get Concentricity at "Zero".

I've been programming for 15 years and have never seen this. Has PC-DMIS stopped working or am I having a brain fart? I must have forgotten a simple step but isn't Concentricity one of the more easy things in PC-DMIS? How in the world could Concentricity be ZERO when I know the one diameter is a couple thousandths of an inch out?

OK, so I'm baffled. Now I am unable to use the "Concentricity" feature since it has stopped working. Has anyone elses features stopped working after years of service?
          Last edited by Big Red; 06-27-2007, 10:01 AM.
          Your life is happening, Participate!

Comment

You might have to post some code.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
              My part is aligned. I have a plane leveled, a line rotated and an origin.

Then I have Datum -A- diameter and all diameters on a common centerline must be concentric within .005

Datum -A- is my origin and the diameter directly above it (which is on the same "X" and "Y" axis) reports out a little in "X" and "Y". However, when I choose "Concentricity", highlight my diameter then hightlight my Origin = I get Concentricity at "Zero".

I've been programming for 15 years and have never seen this. Has PC-DMIS stopped working or am I having a brain fart? I must have forgotten a simple step but isn't Concentricity one of the more easy things in PC-DMIS? How in the world could Concentricity be ZERO when I know the one diameter is a couple thousandths of an inch out?

OK, so I'm baffled. Now I am unable to use the "Concentricity" feature since it has stopped working. Has anyone elses features stopped working after years of service?
              It seems that if the bore is Datum A then it should be leveled on that and not a plane. Have you tried measuring the Datum A feature as a cylinder and then doing the concentricity back to it?
              Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

hello i have a problem on measuring concentricity with our cmm. our two circle center coordinates are x: 0.007 y: 0.006 z: 80.435 and x: 0.000 y: 0.000 z:30.456. when i want concentricity between them the value is 0.178. how a cmm calculates this value. as i know concentricity is sqrt((x1-x2)^2+(y1-y2)^2)x2 but our cmm gives totally different value. i could not find out where is my mistake.

Comment