True Position- Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Position- Newbie question

Drawing Indicates a group of holes true position to datums A-B-C within .008 , regardless of feature size. Where do I put this information, so the machine knows this? Thanks to all for the help.
    Patrick
    I don't feel tardy!sigpic
    B&S "One" V4.2
    Discovery D-12 V4.2

You set up your ABC datums for your alignment. You then measure the diameters & TP dimension them.HTH
    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Your alignment is to ABC, correct? After you align take the holes the tolorence them.
      sigpicSummer Time. Gotta Love it!

Comment

Your BASIC DIMS should be your X,Y,Z theoritical. In your auto features just enter these from in the XYZ boxes. Just remember to set your origin correctly. Then dimension accordingly with the correct axis.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1CMM4ME View Post
          Drawing Indicates a group of holes true position to datums A-B-C within .008 , regardless of feature size. Where do I put this information, so the machine knows this? Thanks to all for the help.
          Patrick
          You assign the 0.008 TP in the True Position Window. Near the top of the window it will say Tolerances and there will be a drop down box. Open the drop down box and find TP and select it. Enter 0.008 in the Value Boxes.

Once you have selected the feature you want to tolerance from the feature list click create to add the tolerance command to your program.
          Bill Jarrells
          A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. - Mark Twain

Comment

Measure A, align to it and define it as datum -A- (Insert/Dimension/Datum Definition)
            Measure B, align to it and define it as datum -B-
            Measure C, align to it and define it as datum -C-

Make sure that Insert/Dimension/Use Legacy Dimensions is NOT Checked!!!!

Then proceed to insert the call using Insert/Dimension/True Position.

It will give you a lot of info about where the hole is with repect to the datum structure.

Jan.
            PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
            Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Thanks. things appear to be working at this point in time.
              I don't feel tardy!sigpic
              B&S "One" V4.2
              Discovery D-12 V4.2

Comment