Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iterative Question?

Hey guys I have got a quick question bout Iterative Alignments:

When using an iterative align the cmm will go back & remeas if needed.... when this happens does pcdmis use the alignment it is reiterating to better find the features to be measured or does it just remeas in the exact same places as before(using the previous alignment)?

Hope that makes sense; The coffee is a little weak this morn!

It bases it's move/touch on the alignment it just created, and it found that the point (feature) it wants to re-meas was too far from the nominals and out of the tolerance abnd you specified in the iterative align window, it goes to where the point SHOULD be.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

My understanding is that its the first one. each round gets a little closer.
      When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
        Hey guys I have got a quick question bout Iterative Alignments:

When using an iterative align the cmm will go back & remeas if needed.... when this happens does pcdmis use the alignment it is reiterating to better find the features to be measured or does it just remeas in the exact same places as before(using the previous alignment)?

Hope that makes sense; The coffee is a little weak this morn!
        That is the whole idea behind the iterative alignment. yes, it gets closer and closer to the nominal spot you have indicated by xyz and ijk coordinates. That is also why you have a radial target zone, if the DEMON cannot find the location you have told it to within that target zone it will error out.
        sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Thanks!

I was hoping it was using the alignment to better find the features.

Thanks Guys!

Comment