send cmm to home in 4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send cmm to home in 4.2

we have a cmm that runs 2 diffrent programs on it and a a-b switch to go from one to the other. The problem is when we switch back from direct inspect to PC-DMIS we need to home the CMM the other version asks to home the machine but 4.2 does not and it is lost. Is there a way to do this with out shuting down the unit it self.

From what I have heard, because PCDMIS only queries the controller for a "Not Homed Yet" setting, you have to restart the controller in order to put it into that state.

I dont know of any command to force a Machine to home in PCDMIS.

There is only one thing that you might try:
    Just before you shut down Direct Inspect, send an IS command to the controller and see if that forces PCDMIS to re-home the machine at startup.
    Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• giantslayer
      Home the CMM
      by giantslayer
      Is there a way to home the machine without shutting down the controller and PC-DMIS?
      08-26-2014, 06:00 PM
    • giantslayer
      CMM Won't Home
      by giantslayer
      Had yesterday off sick, came in today and started CMM. Clicked yes to home and CMM made the little square movement but not at the front of the machine,...
      08-02-2017, 08:19 AM
    • cappy6124
      Home out the machine
      by cappy6124
      Does anyone know if there is a way to tell pcdmis how to home the machine?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
      09-25-2013, 10:02 AM
    • oldtimer
      New to pc-dmis
      by oldtimer
      I am new to PC-DMIS. I need to know the code to send the cmm home. Using measure max the code was simple home. I have been using pc-dmis for 3 days....
      06-13-2009, 02:38 PM
    • mervynl
      Homing a machine
      by mervynl
      I have an LK machine running PCDmis 4.2, and I cannot get the machine to home, so that I can qualify my probes, it seems to lose itself when it changes...
      04-28-2011, 04:06 PM
    Working...
    X