Suggestions for training from Hexagon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for training from Hexagon...

My company just upgraded to CAD++ from CAD and would like to send me for level 2 training.

I would like some input from anybody on the forum that had good training for PCDMIS by Hexagon. I have taken the basic class when we purchased the machine. Now I am looking for any suggestions on any specific teacher or location for the advance training? I am mostly interested in learning to scan with touch probe for reverse engineering small features in molds and dies. I would also like to understand more about alignments. For the first six months of using this machine. This forum has helped a lot with getting to understand this software. Thanks for all the help.
    Starrett 4040-24
    Renishaw PH10M head
    Renishaw TP200
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 4.2!!! crashed my probe into the table
    Moving on to 4.2mr1

Originally posted by eg92b16a2 View Post
    My company just upgraded to CAD++ from CAD and would like to send me for level 2 training.

I would like some input from anybody on the forum that had good training for PCDMIS by Hexagon. I have taken the basic class when we purchased the machine. Now I am looking for any suggestions on any specific teacher or location for the advance training? I am mostly interested in learning to scan with touch probe for reverse engineering small features in molds and dies. I would also like to understand more about alignments. For the first six months of using this machine. This forum has helped a lot with getting to understand this software. Thanks for all the help.
    Had a class (curves and surfaces)with Shawn Grady (RI FACILITY) he new his SH*T!! We coverd scanning the last half day of class. In my opinion 4 hours was not enough training on scanning . In their defence the more questions asked in class the further behind the the class gets.No doubt alot can be learned from the classmates questions though. I am in the same boat we are reverse engineering molds and thermoform trays. Doug Sjogren and Dan Jeanloz are very good with scanning as well! I believe they are located at the RI office.
    sigpic

Comment

I have a Starrett as well, with cad ++

I had all of my training at the Irvine, Ca. Hexagon location.

Ben Sasser was my instructor for the Cad class (basic)

Eric Hollenbeck was my instructor for Cad ++ and Advanced

There are others there that will help you as well.

both were very attentive to the needs of the students in the class, and I will reccommend them both highly.

I have also had very good response from them with phone calls and emails when the need arises.

I am sure that after your initial Cad class, your mind was reeling with all that you learned and the realization that there is a vast amount of features in PCDMIS. and as such, when you take Cad ++ you will still have that same feeling....there is SO MUCH MORE to be learned than you can possibly pick up in a week or two.

Most of what I learned in Advanced didn't sink in untill I actually started to apply some of those "background" features....variables, templates, etc.

bottom line for me.....if I were to be taking training again...I would go to Irvine again.

HTH
      bob
      Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
      sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
      Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

I felt what I learned at Wixom was good, but for more focused training, try this guy. Jim Jewell knows his stuff. Working on your machine with your parts is priceless.

Commission Jim! I want commission. LOL
        When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
        sigpic

Comment

We've been sent to Michigan, Ohio & Tennessee B&S Training facilities. In my opinion, the Nashville center was much better than the other two and the nightlife was tremendously better. The 25 cent longnecks @ Grahms were pretty swell also...
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post
            We've been sent to Michigan, Ohio & Tennessee B&S Training facilities. In my opinion, the Nashville center was much better than the other two and the nightlife was tremendously better. The 25 cent longnecks @ Grahms were pretty swell also...
            Take some DEPENDS for the lap dances they are pretty grindsome (Ranger did) NASHVILLE hot spot
            sigpicRegards,
            Donald Henger
            B&S Micro Excel Pfx
            3.5mr2 & 3.7mr3
            PHH10MQ, TP20 & TP2
            Country Rocks,But Bluegrass RULES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Henger View Post
              Take some DEPENDS for the lap dances they are pretty grindsome (Ranger did) NASHVILLE hot spot
              Ranger did what? I didn't take Depends with me but I did get some decent dances...
              sigpic
              Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
              PCDMIS 2012
              Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by John Kingston View Post
                I felt what I learned at Wixom was good, but for more focused training, try this guy. Jim Jewell knows his stuff. Working on your machine with your parts is priceless.

Commission Jim! I want commission. LOL
                I talked to Jim and was about to go with him for the training but found out that I get a free class with the upgrade. So maybe after the class and somebody else in the company is up to speed I will ask Jim to come down and teach.
                Starrett 4040-24
                Renishaw PH10M head
                Renishaw TP200
                PC-DMIS CAD++ 4.2!!! crashed my probe into the table
                Moving on to 4.2mr1

Comment

Originally posted by rangerboat72 View Post

Same here - only didn't do the 25c longnecks. We hit alot of other bars in Nashville though....including one that I lost a lot of money at.......
                  sigpic Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, but rather a skid in broadside, totally worn, proclaiming WOW What a ride!

Comment